Monday, September 3, 2007

ADJUSTING

I think if I had to choose one word for our family right now it would be ADJUSTING. Adjusting to so many different things all at once. Aaron never really sleeps much anyway so the lack of sleep is not such a big adjustment for him. However, it is somewhat of an adjustment because he is tired from the demands of 4 children, a full time job, church, and of course his classes. We are all adjusting to him being back in class and much of his "free" time being taken up again with reading and reading, oh and more reading. I am one who needs a lot of sleep but I am finally adjusting to life with 3-4 hours less sleep each night, sometimes more, sometimes less. Millie is adjusting to our lives. She is now nursing every 3 hours and sometimes even stretches it out to 4 at night and we now have our feedings down to 30 min as they should be. So, I would definately say she is adjusting! Such a sweet blessing. Lizzie is SO much better. She loves Millie now. I was really concerned. I expected her to not be great but for almost 3 weeks she either totally ignored Millie or she was hitting her (I am serious!) and now she shows her lots of affection. Also, Lizzie was so whiny and she still is at times (she is a 1 yr old with lots of teeth coming in and whose Mama and Daddy are paying another baby some attention) but that has also been much better over the past few days. Sallie is just Sallie. She has had so many adjustments in her life that she just goes with the flow. Elleigh seems to be adjusting to this even more fast paced life as well. Well as of Friday if everything worked there will be no more babies for the Hall's unless God decides to intervene despite medical intervention which we all know can happen or He decides to bless us with more children in some other way. So when I think about adjustment, I think about me adjusting to this realization. Don't get me wrong I am about maxed out right now but I love babies, I just love newborns so I do have a fear of having that desire once Millie is out of this stage. I have to talk through this a lot in my mind-you have 4 children, you are BUSY, you need to remain somewhat sane, etc, etc. Really I know we did the right thing it is just so final (at least we think). I say all of this and at the same time if I got pregnant I would freak!!! Oh, and A is doing well following his procedure. Bless his heart. I am very proud of him. He says I had no sympathy for him. I have to admit at times when he complained the selfish side of me was thinking you have no idea and then I would think be glad he did it, not all men will.


It is quite crazy around here 100% of the time but all in all I have to say we are adjusting! That's progress! Now we have to adjust to homeschooling. One day at a time!!!


I love this picture! They look so content. When at least 2 of them are content at the same time, I find a camera to capture the moment.

No comments: