Most of you do not know most of the men and daughters in the pictures that have been posted. On them I just want to say that they are men whose desire is to have a good and healthy realationship with their daughters. It is a lot of fun to get together with Christian men who care about their families and are willing to invest time in their daughter's life. With that said, I had a great time with my daughters and I want to take the time to highlight some of the great things that happened. One of the major things I learned over this weekend is how much Elleigh really does love Sallie. As I watched her cry for her sister it made my heart break. SHE REALLY DOES LOVE HER NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS. (Mom & Dad I know what you went through when Adam and I fought so much. I do love you Adam.)They both showed how much they love each other and for a father those times are spectacular. I am also so proud of Elleigh for overcoming her fears. I don't know how many times she told me she could not go any further when she was climbing that wall. This is when she received her "Battle Scar" on her knee that she promptly took a picture of. She stuck with what she was doing and it was great to see how she felt after accomplishing something she really did want. Her next challenge was to rappel down the same 60 or so foot she had just climbed. This is something she would not do last year because she was scared. If you have never been rappelling it is a crazy feeling to lean back in that harness and jump off the cliff. It is not easy to know you are going over a 60 ft cliff and just go. This is something that grown men have a hard time doing. Coming from Jerry Hall I told her there was nothing to it and she could do it knowing the whole time I was scared to death for her. (Daddy, thank you for helping us overcome our fears even though it did hurt sometimes.) I think you could have seen the glow from my face when she was safely at the bottom. The pictures below are up close shots of her face just before she went over. Look at how scared she was.
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
My Weekend with My Girls (Half Anyway)
Posted by
The Hall's
at
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i was not scared yeah right
Post a Comment