Last night I was giving Millie her bottle and Sallie and Lizzie were in my lap as well. This happens quite often! I sit with my back on the arm of the couch and my legs extended out on the couch so then they can drape all over me! I had gotten their PJ's out and they were on the back of the couch. Sallie loves clothes, pj's, swimsuits, anything she can change into a million times a day. She also loves taking clothes from their drawers and closet and distributing them all over the house. With that said, I have to really watch her! So, she starts getting the pj's off the back of the couch while she is sitting in my lap and I knew that within no time she would be down and I would have no idea where those pj's had gone. She looks at me as she touches them (like she always does when she knows she is not supposed to be doing it)and I tell her no, she continues to get them so I put my hand on her leg (I thought) which normally makes her stop whatever because she does not like to be spanked. I lift my hand and pop her (once again, I thought) and Millie bursts into tears. I was popping the wrong leg! I had just popped my 6 month old on the leg! Thankfully, because Sallie doesn't have "much meat on her bones" I never pop her hard but I did feel terrible. Before long I was laughing at the craziness of having 6 bare legs in my lap and popping the wrong one! I usually strip them down after dinner so they had nothing on their legs. I rarely get their names right when calling them so why should I expect to get the right leg!
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH HOW FUNNY!
I have done the SAME thing! I felt bad too!
And with the names, well, just yesterday I had to ask Alyssa what her name was! I started with the letter A and then said "What's your name again". She just shook her head and said "Alllyyyssssaaa.... good grief!"
LOL!
I just saw your 3/4 picture on the May's site and had to visit yours. I enjoy E so much in Wild Worship - she is so precious! I need to meet the rest of you! I, too, am from Sweet Home Alabama, and could totally relate to, "Weeeell yoou saaaiid get the biiiggggest wreennch aah could faahnd!" :-)
This story is sweet, and your daughter won't remember being falsely accused. :-) Someday you'll tell her about it and it will be a family laugh. :-)
God bless,
Sharon
Post a Comment