Thursday, May 22, 2008

David COOK!!!

It was a happy night in the Hall house!!! David Cook pulled it out!!! We have liked American Idol for several years now but we were the most into it this year. Even Aaron was into it (and he usually is not) but he liked David Cook a lot (the rocker!) He was my pick from the very beginning. Elleigh and I were screaming when they said David Cook and then I of course cried. I was already crying and then when his mom joined him on the stage it was all over. IT WAS GREAT!!! This video was my favorite performance of his. I am not sure it was his best but I love this song so when he sang it that was just the icing on the cake! We can't wait for his first album!!!

2 comments:

JGWmom said...

That is so funny! I've been wanting to ask you all season, Cook or Archulletta(sp?)? We have been really into it this time, too! And, we were also thrilled (to tears - me anyway) for David Cook to win! Although, I could definitely see Archulletta becoming the next Billy Joel. His voice is so smooth! I thought all along, though, that Cook was the better entertainer, most consistant, and had the better stage presence! I loved his first song (U2) the last night of the competition! I also, thought they all (all 12) did great last night. Their tour should be really good. My other favorite last night was the "goofy" guy singing his song, "You Are My Brother" - they did a great job to make that so entertaining! We just laughed! Sorry for the book! I miss our "chats" in the office!

Love ya,
Shannon

The Hall's said...

I know, there were so many times this year that I missed our morning talks! I agree, Archulletta is very talented but like you said, not the entertainer that Cook is. It was a great season! "You are my brother"-we were rolling laughing! It is hilarious! I miss you!

Cameron