Some of you had asked for the recipes for the apple dumplings and shrimp alfredo. The apple dumplings is a Pioneer Woman recipe (I love her recipes). Here it is. Aaron said it was very easy to make.
Apple Dumplings
2 Granny Smith apples
2 cans crescent rolls
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla
cinnamon
1 small can Mountain Dew
Peel and core apples. Cut apples into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan. Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.
On the shrimp alfredo-he doesn't have a recipe. He just adds till he gets it like he wants it. Those of you who know Aaron well know that means sometimes too much of whatever, but he has gotten much better about not overdoing the seasoning! I do know it has lots of heavy cream and butter and cheese (sinful!). He uses frozen shrimp and he has used several different brands in the past. I am not sure how good they would be to eat without the sauce (for seafood lovers like us) but they are good in the alfredo. According to Alton Brown on Food Network frozen shrimp are better to use if you are not somewhere that you can get really fresh ones (and they are much cheaper). We have made lots of attempts at "fresh" shrimp here and are never impressed. Next time he makes it I will tell him to write down the ingredients and amounts so I can pass along the recipe.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Recipes
Posted by
The Hall's
at
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks, Cameron! I can't wait to try them!
Shannon
Post a Comment