Thanks to my sweet, sweet friend Shannon I had the priveledge of hearing Beth Moore live this weekend for the 3rd time. It was great as always!!! Beth was great, the music was great and more than anything I was reminded in a very real way of God's greatness. Shannon, I can not thank you enough for inviting me to come along. Her church was going and had a few ladies who could not go at the last minute and Shannon invited myself and our friend Rebecca to come with them and we received such a blessing. Rebecca and I drove from here to Hamilton to meet up with the group from Shannon's church and then we all drove together to San Antonio. As I sat there this weekend I kept thinking over and over with every word Beth spoke about how much I needed to hear this right now. God is so good and He opened the doors that allowed me to be there to hear His word. The message was just great and the presence of God was so real.
The core text was from Psalm 16:5-6 "The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup, you hold the lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places, indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance."
I have lots of pages of notes and I have really deliberated on how best to summarize the message. I think I am having a hard time because it was amazing and I do not want to take anything away from it. Just a few of the things that she said that stuck out the most to me were:
"What can this world do to us? Our inheritance is waiting!" No matter what we may face on this earth, as children of God, we are his heirs. What a comforting thought!
She talked about our life experiences and how those are the things God has chosen to entrust us with-really hit home for me. She gave an example of a mother with a down syndrome baby and how she had told the mother that HE knew she could do it. As a parent of a special needs child I have been told that by so many people and I do know that it was no accident that we were chosen to be her parents but Beth saying that at that moment when God's presence was with me in an incredible way, WOW!
She spoke of our intimacy with God and how nothing can replace that. She said she could never allow herself to become too busy to spend quiet time with the Lord. It is so true and yet so easy to get in a terrible habit of making excuses for not spending time with Him.
Another of my favorite points was when she spoke on the security we have in being heirs of God. She talked about not putting too much faith in people and looking to them for affirmation because that is placing them in a position of Christhood. She said, "only Jesus can identify us, not people."
"Never pray for an easier life" This is something that is so hard because when life is hard we just want it all to go away but God allows those trials so that we may grow closer to Him (if we allow that to happen).
I could go on and on but hopefully I have shared a few thoughts that might touch you in some way and be a reminder that as Christians we have a beautiful inheritance. How exciting! Now if I could just bottle up these feelings and God's word that is so fresh right now and never let it slip away.
This is a video from Beth's blog of the recap of the weekend.
WOW! You really explained it so much better than I did to Jason! Now I don't know what to write. Ya wanna write mine lol? You summed it perfectly, beautifully, and I almost cried!!
God truly opened the door for us to go, I am so honored that he chose us and opened that door! I am so happy that we went together and that Shannon invited us she is truly one of our dearest and treasured friends!! I just love you both so much!!
Y'all make me cry! Y'all will never know how much of a blessing it was to me that you were able to go! I know that God was really in it all along just in how he worked it out for us all to go! I SO needed the Word from Him that He gave and I really needed to spend time with friends and I'm so very glad that you two were the friends He sent me! So just know how much you both blessed me!!! I do treasure you both!!!
Cameron, I love the video and I agree with Rebecca, you definitely hit the nail on the head with your insights. It really is hard to describe the entire experience to someone else. You did well, though!!!
Thanks again for going,(both of you)! I love y'all! Shannon
You know I don't know why I am always so amazed at God's timing-I mean HE is GOD! I just can not tell you how much I needed last weekend! It was just GREAT!!!
4 comments:
WOW! You really explained it so much better than I did to Jason! Now I don't know what to write. Ya wanna write mine lol? You summed it perfectly, beautifully, and I almost cried!!
God truly opened the door for us to go, I am so honored that he chose us and opened that door! I am so happy that we went together and that Shannon invited us she is truly one of our dearest and treasured friends!! I just love you both so much!!
Well, thank you. I started writing it about 24 hours before I finished because I couldn't decide exactly what to say.
We are VERY blessed with wonderful friendships with Godly women!
Y'all make me cry! Y'all will never know how much of a blessing it was to me that you were able to go! I know that God was really in it all along just in how he worked it out for us all to go! I SO needed the Word from Him that He gave and I really needed to spend time with friends and I'm so very glad that you two were the friends He sent me! So just know how much you both blessed me!!! I do treasure you both!!!
Cameron, I love the video and I agree with Rebecca, you definitely hit the nail on the head with your insights. It really is hard to describe the entire experience to someone else. You did well, though!!!
Thanks again for going,(both of you)! I love y'all!
Shannon
Shannon,
You know I don't know why I am always so amazed at God's timing-I mean HE is GOD! I just can not tell you how much I needed last weekend! It was just GREAT!!!
Post a Comment