Aaron and Elleigh love to camp and Sallie has been with them once and she loves it too. Aaron would really like for all of us to camp more often. However, we have had a baby for the past 2 years so now that Millie is 1 we have decided it is time to try it. So, a couple of weeks ago A said let's camp in the back yard next Friday night (I think he is trying us out!). Last night was the night and we had so much fun! We went out after A got home and we grilled and played and played some more! We only came in to use the restroom or get something we had forgotten. No TV, no phone, no Wii, no computer, no toys and we spent hours of much needed time with each other and no distractions. It really was a great end to a stressful week.
I was probably most concerned about Millie but she had the best time. She is a happy baby anyway (most of the time!) but she had so much fun and hung right in there with us (waaaaay past her bedtime). This is one of her funny faces. She is a cut-up!

Daddy had lots of "help" putting the tent up!

I think this is a funny picture-notice that Sallie's hand is in Millie's plate and Millie's hand is in Lizzie's plate. I normally do not let them sit this close together at meal time!

The tent-A inside getting it ready for us to sleep. It is only a 3 person tent so we were quite the close family!

Roasting marshmallows!

Lizzie enjoying her marshmallow-notice the dirt on her nose. We just let them get as dirty as they wanted as you can tell!

SMORES!!! YUMMY!

Told you we let them get messy!

"Want some?"

I just posted a picture of me with no make-up! It must be the lack of sleep!

Sweet girls!

Millie having her own party (about 10:30 by now!)

Playing with Daddy!

Lizzie did not sleep so well. She was like the Princess and the Pea! You would have thought we had laid her on a bed of rocks! So, she tossed and turned and tossed and turned and at 1:30 I got up and took her to her bed. Millie woke up when we started out of the tent so I took her in as well. Lizzie actually did not sleep well even after we got inside-I think she ate too many smores!!! Fun times!
4 comments:
Ohmygoodness!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE what y'all did!!!!
I LOVE camping!
Looks like soooo much fun!! Great pics, too! I've heard there are some great camp grounds all around us, Glenrose to the north and Burnett to the south, etc., and of course "Hall Hill" in Ft Worth. :) hehehe!
Aaron and Elleigh (and Sallie once) have been to Mineral Wells several times and then A went with some other guys somewhere in Cleburne once. Aaron and Elleigh are camping in Davis, OK this coming weekend.
I have heard there are some great places in OK to camp, too! We went to Mineral Wells for the day with Justus the 2nd time we were at Seminary. He was about 5 or 6 and we went to a lake there and picnicked(sp), rode paddle boats and just hiked around. Now is the time of year to camp with all the really nice weather! Don't ya just love it!
Post a Comment