Monday, January 26, 2009

Untitled

I know untitled is a very uncreative title but I am just not feeling very creative today and none of this really relates to each other so...

Is there anything better than getting hot chocolate in the mail from Nanna and Grandy (and candy!) Note: yes once again she has on a sleeveless shirt (with a big ketchup stain on it). This is her new favorite shirt. Sallie taught her so well! It is a 6/9 month! I wish you could see the bottom of it. It ends just below the top of the envelope and she wants to wear it EVERYDAY!I had planned to spend Fri and Fri nt cleaning and getting ready for brunch with my supper club girls. However, we had to re-schedule because Ell, Sallie, and Millie all had a stomach bug. Millie's lasted a couple of days but thankfully Elleigh and Sallie's were shorter. So, we nursed sick kiddos. Poor Millie was sweating from the fever and well you can see for yourself. Elleigh had to miss her b-ball game on Saturday and she was not happy about that!
Saturday afternoon the girls were feeling better so we decided to head out to Red Springs. As we got into town one of the older couples from the church called to invite us to go with them to the livestock show and sale. Well, we looked terrible and we had to meet them in about 30 minutes. I was so proud of myself (I thought) because for the first time I had not packed everything in our house to take with us which meant our options on clothing to make it through the weekend were limited. So, I just said whatever and we cleaned up a little and went on with them. I am not sure I have ever seen so many cowboy hats and those ladies got fixed up for the livestock show! Of course everyone was already staring at us trying to figure out who we were. Aaron had on a cap (that said Costa Rica! HA!) We did have fun though and the girls thought it was neat. Mrs. Lynda took us back for the girls to see the animals up close and Sallie is horrified of all animals so when a goat jumped up in Lizzie's face she hit the ground (red dirt and animal poo!). We were funny in our slip on flats in that mess! Am I really a city girl???

We followed this couple over to the livestock thing and they are a sweet, sweet older couple and they have been married about 4 years. Both their spouses died and a couple of years later they married. You would think they had always been married. So, we were talking about that as we followed them over and I was telling A how she would refer to her deceased husband in conversation, etc and how you could tell they love each other so much but I know they have to miss the partners they spent their lives with. I just can't imagine life without my best friend. A said I would never want you to be lonely and I would much rather you be with someone else than lonely. I always know he would find someone because he really needs a woman! I have 4 girls to make sure he finds the right one though! As for me, I told him that my sisters and I would just live together. He laughed!

My shoulder popped out of socket yesterday in church. Never had that happen. Our little church has what we always called assembly. Everyone meets in the sanctuary before Sunday School for a brief time of devotion and we sing one hymn. A meets with the deacons during this time for prayer so I have all the girls out with me. They are getting much better at sitting there and being quite. So, I have Millie in my lap, Sallie to my immediate left and Lizzie to the left of Sallie. I reach around Millie and Sallie with my right arm to get something from Lizzie and it pops out. I almost screamed. I jerked it back and it went back in place but it still really hurts. So random.

One of the ladies at our church told me yesterday that she saw A in the grocery store Saturday afternoon and that she did not recognize him in that ball cap and sweatshirt. I laughed thinking that someone would not recognize him when he wasn't in his Sunday best! WOW! Years ago, I would have never thought I would hear that about my man!

We ate lunch yesterday with another precious couple from our church. She cooked ham, brocolli casserole, homeade mac n cheese, sweet potato casserole, homeade rolls, and homeade cheesecake that she had put hearts in on the top with strawberry sauce. She is a wonderful hostess and cook! Their home is beautiful! Aaron and Elleigh are such picky eaters but they think Mrs. Annawyn can cook anything. Elleigh told me yesterday that Mrs. Annawyn made veggies taste good! Thanks Ell! We leave and A says what were those sweet potatoes and I said what about them and he says they were so good. WHAT? That is the same sweet potato casserole my mama and sometimes me cooks that you have never touched! The girls were into everything. I always wonder what they say about us when we leave. Surely they all remember those days. I chased the girls everywhere while A talked theology! She had the most amazing sewing room! AMAZING! She has an embroidery machine! Turns out my sweet husband has known about this machine since December when he went to their house for the Christmas party and I was home with Sallie after surgery. I can't imagine why he didn't tell me! So, last night at church she tells me that she will be glad to monogram anything for me and A tells her that she really does not know what she is offering. You know my mind started spinning!

Sallie has 2 Dr's appts this week-Cardiology tomorrow and surgeon who did her surgery back in Dec on Friday. We see the Dr. for her cleft in March.

I called today to schedule Millie's 18 month appt. #1 how is she 1/2 way to 2??? #2 and the big one is that I could not for the life of me think of my child's b-day!!! The receptionist ask and I went blank. I finally got out the month and date and then had to figure out the year! Who does that ? I am her mother. I gave birth to her (NATURALLY!) I hope they realized I have 4 and that bought me a little relief. Can you imagine what she said about me after we hung up?

Why is it that sometimes I look at my girls and think will this stage ever end and in the same day I look at them and think how much I want to keep them little? Why is it that I love being home with my kids and don't want anything else yet I feel so inadequate and get frustrated so easily? I should just treasure it all-good and bad.

It is so dreary here today. They are predicting our first freezing rain/ice over the next few days.

Now that I think I have cleared my head of all my random thoughts I must do laundry! Have a great week!

4 comments:

JGWmom said...

You crack me up and you make me feel better knowing I have some of your same thoughts! Great Post! BTW, I have come up blank on both Graham's and Wesley's birthdays before. It is quite embarassing! LOL :)

Anonymous said...

You can make veggies good too.
I love you and you are the best mom in the universe oh yeah and the best cook.
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hall's said...

Shannon, I am glad to know that someone else has done that!

Elleigh-I LOVE YOU!!! YOU ARE GREAT!!! And MINE!

Rebecca said...

Okay, that was hilarious. I forget sometimes the year or day the kids were born...but usually the year. I think we all do it....I wonder what that actually means about us mothers LOL!