It is already March! Where did January and February go? It seems like it was just Christmas but I am happily welcoming March! Spring Break is almost here!
I hope the Spring temps return. It has been cold and windy here the past few days. It is a typical Monday at our house. Monday's are not our best day. We do not get home on Sunday nights until around 11 and the girls still get up at the same time on Monday morning so you can only imagine their moods on Monday mornings! They are already down for nap and it is not yet 1! They went fast asleep though.
We had a great weekend (minus one issue that I will get to).
Elleigh led a 4th grade girl to the Lord on Friday during Good News club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She and we are so happy! As I type she is getting ready to go teach this afternoon. The nervousness that she had is replaced with the joy of seeing others come to Christ. There is NOTHING like it! I feel this deserves more reverance than mixing it in with trivial events in our lives so maybe it will stand out more in bold!
She came home Friday night and although she was beside herself from her experience she was not feeling well. By Sat morning she was feeling worse. She started to feel a little better by lunch so we headed out for Red Springs. We got about 40 miles out and she threw up EVERYWHERE in the van. Sure the girls have thrown up in their car seats or whatever but an almost 12 year old puking like crazy is a different story! GROSS! Aaron was trying to get off the road because I was gagging. What do you do? We contemplated going back home but then A saw a carwash. We started getting everything out that had been contaminated which included a diaper bag, 2 blankets, and an umbrella just to name a few. We ended up trashing all of it. I really did not want to part with that bag (if you know me well you know how I am about a bag) but it just had to go! We spent an hour cleaning it all up. Aaron took the big mat and power hosed it with the hose from inside the carwash. We shampooed the carpets, we spent more money on the fragrance thing that didn't work after it took our money. It was 45 degrees and the TX wind was at its best! In true Hall fashion, it was an adventure! Bless her heart, she was a sick girl. She finally started feeling better last night and is back to normal today except she is still a little tired.
A preached a wonderful message yesterday from James I on hearing, receiving, and DOING. He is preaching through James I right now and it has been really good. Yesterday's sermon really convicted me that there is so much more I need to be DOING.
Yesterday for Sunday lunch we had some really good beef tips. I cooked them a while back and I am always thinking of things that I can have cooking while we are at church or it doesn't take long to complete once we get home from church. So, I thought about these beef tips and it worked out so well. You cook them in the crock pot so they were ready when we got in and I cooked the rice, and boiled some corn on the cob, and stuck some rolls in the oven and lunch was ready in no time. I thought some of you might want the recipe. They are so easy, the meat is incredibly tender and flavorful, and they make the house smell so good.
Take 2 lbs of stew meat and mix together in crock pot with 2 cans of cream of mushroom mushroom, 1 can of water and 1 package of Onion soup mix. I put mine on about 7 and they were done at 12:30 (on high). You of course could cook them on low for a longer time. They would be good over noodles as well.
We spent the rest of the afternoon hoping the van was going to air out before our long trip back and that a skunk did not decide to spray it while it was airing out! 2weeks ago a skunk (possibly the skunk that greeted A as he opened the front doors of the church the week before) sprayed the annex building at the church. It was awful! We have SS classes and our Sunday nt small group in their so we had to relocate. Gotta love country livin'! We do get the best Sunday afternoon naps! It is so quiet and all the worries of my messy house are miles away and there is nothing I can do about it, so I sleep peacefully!
Monday, March 2, 2009
Highlights (and one lowlight)
Posted by
The Hall's
at
Monday, March 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Praise God Elleigh!
I can't believe March is here too. Yesterday was Alyssa's 7th birthday, I still have to blog. And your recipe sounds really good.
Alyssa was really sick on Friday, not sure what she had. She claimed her stomach hurt but never threw up and ran a 102 temp. I let it run it's course and she slept most the day. Thankfully she recovered fast. There is all kinds of bugs going round.
Hope E is feeling much better. Love you guys!
I did not know that Alyssa's b-day was yesterday. Tell her Happy B-day! Aaron's mom's b-day was yesterday too.
There is so many different things going around. I was thinking there was no way we would escape catching it from Elleigh after she threw up in the van with us but so far, so good!
Wow!!! Yes, praise the Lord, Elleigh!!! I am so proud of and for you! I am also so sorry you got sick! Glad you are feeling better!
I can so picture the carwash scene...been there/done that! I will pray you all don't get it, too!
The skunk thing is so funny! We never knew there were so many skunks in TX until we moved here. Even in town, we still get them in our yard...we never see them, but our noses know! Graham (and now Wesley, too) is so funny when we are driving down the highway and as soon as the smell hits they yell out, "SKUNK!!!" Richard also, saw a whole family of them crossing the highway one evening on his way home from church. As you said...the country life!
There are so many bugs going around! Our Highschool actually had their custodial staff along with parent volunteers clorox everything trying to get it sanitized. And, y'all pray for Graham. He came home from school today sick again...stuffy nose, cough, sore throat and fever! His is GREATLY allergy related, though. The doctor told us last time he will need to see the allergist for testing. We are trying to wait until school is out.
P.S. Did any of your family get snow?
Thank you Shannon! I will make sure Elleigh reads your comment!
I have NEVER seen so many skunks! That is funny that you say that. I guess they are everywhere in the TX country!
I will be praying for Graham. Bless his heart. I know of a lot of kids who tend to have a lot more allergy problems while they are in school-particularly older buildings where there is more mold, etc. My niece is allergic to so much (takes allergy shots) and my sister says she is much sicker while she is in school. Not that there is much you can do about that but just thinking that may be why it is worse and the time of year of course. Sallie does so much better in TX with her allergies. She is completely off meds right now and she does flare up occasionally but nothing like she used to. As for the rest of us we are more affected here than at home but she has always suffered so much with her allergies and does much better here so it is strange. However, when we travel anywhere she tends to flare up. Who knows?
They did get snow. They said it was really pretty and a good bit fell but not a lot of accumulation. I do know that parts of AL got a good bit though (especially for AL). How about your families? You are going home Spring Break right?
With ALL else that Sallie goes through, I'm glad her allergies are better here. It is the opposite for Graham. Our first spring here, he was aweful and I said then he must be allergic to Texas. The mountain cedar is very high here because they grow all around us and I feel certain that they are are what cause his eyes to flare. With his nose and respiratory, though, I feel dumbfounded right now. He had one good week and now it's all back. He was better last night with just one small coughing spell in the night. I think it helped him a lot to just rest all afternoon and night. So, I did send him on to school even though he felt a bit feverish yesterday afternoon. I hate for him to miss with him learning to read. He got behind the last time he missed. I'm sure parts of the elementary school is old, but his building is an annex just for Pre K and K and so I don't know if that would be and issue, but again until he is tested who knows. I have thought of the mold issue with our house, though because it is an older house and his bed is right beside the bathroom.
Our family in Mobile did not get snow...too far south. I have friends on FB though who posted lots of pics from the B'ham area. We are going home for Spring Break. I'm really excited! I hope the flowers are blooming...I miss dogwoods and azaleas out here! :)
Post a Comment