Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Visual Aid

Elleigh is studying South America in this unit of History and specifically Argentina this week. It is neat in reading through the lesson that she already knows a lot of what is in her book since her grandparents lived there as missionaries. So, I decided to take some of the pictures I have from their time there and put them into a slideshow as a visual aid to her lesson and I thought you all might enjoy them as well. They are very humbling for me.



On the ones with the the people in the boats-they are coming across the river to church and we think we are inconvenienced!

1 comment:

JGWmom said...

WOW!!! I'm in tears!!! All of them, but especially the pics of their houses REALLY puts our lives in perspective!!! We are so spoiled here!!! I need to go to my knees and ask forgiveness for any complaining I do!!! Thank you for posting!!!
We have a family in our church (they are the couple whose little cottage y'all stayed in the last time y'all were here - the Jordans) who have a daughter and her husband and teenage kids who are missionaries in Mexico. This summer their home church is going to help them with VBS and our church is helping buy materials for them, but our missions committee is already beginning planning for our church to send a team next year to help them with VBS. If this is where we still are, I am so excited because I have never been out of the U.S. and I know it would be life changing! If I cannot go, I definitely want Justus to go. I think it would be a great time (just before his Senior year) to give him a NEW perspective. Any way, thanks so much for posting this!!!
P.S. I love the pic of Aaron's dad playing in the field with the kids and of his mom right up in the middle of the ladies at some kind of celebration (there are balloons). :)