Sunday, November 15, 2009

Our First Born PRINCESS!

What happened to our first born princess's smocked dresses and big hair bows??? Apparently they have been replaced by these items... Just the sight of this on her bed frazzled me a little (OK a lot!!!)
Friday night Elleigh attended the Princess Ball which is an event hosted by Dr. Richard Ross (founder of True Love Waits) and his wife. The girls dress up and the emphasis is on being God's princess, how they should be treated, purity, etc. It is a wonderful opportunity that I am thankful Elleigh was able to be a part of. Dr. Ross is a phenomonal speaker, youth leader, and educator. This year Aaron has taken the time to disciple Elleigh one on one at church on Wed nts and they have training sessions with Dr. Ross each week before discipling. His wife, Lajuana teaches 7th grade girls Sunday School at Wedgwood which Elleigh is not there for but she has been able to attend some things that Mrs. Ross has led. Ell and I had "a BALL" getting her stuff all together to wear and getting her all dressed, despite the fact that we bought 3 dresses before she was satisfied! What can I say? She is mine!!!

Ell getting ready! It has been a long time since we curled her hair this much. I love it!

She's ready and BEAUTIFUL!!! I might be a little partial! Notice her pic hanging behind her that was taken on her 1st birthday. Enough said about that!


Full length shot
Our 1st of 4 princesses. I really am having a hard time with her growing up so fast. It is neat to watch her become a young woman but it is scary. Being announced by Dr. Ross (all decked out in his Southwestern regalia). The boy is only an escort!!!

She had a great time! She loved being all dressed up and most importantly she learned a lot about her relationship with God as a young woman. I pray that she is all God would have her to be and that she always remembers these truths that are being taught to her. We love you PRINCESS but HE loves you even more!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you momma I love you and daddy too!

JGWmom said...

WOW!!! Elleigh you look amazing, just BEAUTIFUL! I love your dress...such a beautiful color and perfect for you! And, I love your hair! I know you are a bit FRAZZLED, Cameron, but I also know it is a comfort to know that she is not only growing in years, but in maturity in the Lord! What an awesome thing for her to get this opportunity!!! Congratulations to all of you!
Love y'all!

The Hall's said...

Thank you so much Shannon!

We love and miss yall too!!!

Laura Dobson said...

wow! what can i say? my best friend is truly beautiful! but she takes after her momma! i love you guys!! and that boy better only be a date (: can't wait to see ya'll in Troy soon!!

Angela said...

I just got chills and teary eyed reading this and looking at your pics. Had a memory of Ell wanting me to play with her in a big cardboard box at Nana and Grandy's. Can't remember how old she was. My, my, how time does fly.