I am not enjoying not blogging very often! Not only is my computer dying, but my camera is broken! Yes, my camera and my computer. This is not easy for me!!! My camera will work but the flash will not and even on pics that do not need a flash they still are not quite right. You can only imagine how I am handling not having a working camera. Christmas cards should be in the mail eventually! I borrowed my friend Rebecca's camera today to take the pics . Thanks Rebecca!
We have been unusually busy with holiday stuff and life. I decided this year to attempt to do something special and Christmas related each day of December leading up to Christmas Day. Of course, no pics :( We have made Christmas cookies, somedays we just read a Christmas story, etc. Today our MOPS discussion group had our Christmas party and our discussion group leader makes pottery so she allowed us to make ornaments with our kids. We had a lot of fun doing that. Maybe I will be able to post some pics of them once we get them back. They were so cute!
A is almost finished with this semester! One more to go!!! He is itching to get several things started at church and will begin some of those in January. It seems strange that we are already looking at dates for VBS. Summer will be here before we know it. We are also looking at dates for another trip to Africa this summer. A begins a radio spot in Jan as well so lots going on but he is loving all this "going on" and I am loving watching him be able to do what he has been called to do.
For some reason I have not been in the decorating mood this year. No reason, just not as into it this year. I think it is maybe the feeling of having 2 houses or something. It is strange but it is like I am already disconnecting myself from this house. Weird, I know! We did finally get our tree completely decorated this week. I was not as picky about it as usual and pretty much let the girls do it and they loved it and are very proud of it. I only put up 1 tree this year as opposed to 4! I do already have plans for our new house next year though and look forward to entertaining in our new home next Christmas.
This is the only smile I can get from Millie these days but this is classic Millie!
Sallie's therapy is keeping us busy as well. She is doing great in therapy.We participate as much as she does so it is tiring! It is as much a learning process for us as for her. Please pray that we will catch on quickly and always be mindful of how we are supposed to interact with her. It is difficult to train yourself to always be in teaching mode for Sallie which is different than normal conversation. This week she had testing and 2 days of therapy so 3 trips this week. Yesterday she had some booth testing with the BAHA and she did really well. It appears that she is hearing a good bit better with the BAHA band than with the aids. Major Praise! I know we have LOTS of people praying for her. I know it! We feel it! So, the audiologist is trying to get insurance to cover the band and then we (along with her ENT and the audiologist) will more than likely proceed with the surgically implanted BAHA which of course first involves getting insurance to cover it. This will mean several surgeries. As far as the method of communication, we will proceed in therapy as we are now and then see how things go from here. The big deal is that according to the test she had yesterday she is hearing a lot more of the speech sounds with the BAHA on. Another major praise is that she has become comfortable with both the audiologist and speech therapist which makes life easier on all of us! Please continue to pray!!! Whatever happens we have a long road ahead of us but we are ready!!!
5 comments:
I MISS YOU!!! I love this post! We must have had a freaky friday moment...I can't believe you usually decorate 4 trees. I have always only done 1 and now this year I have 2 big ones and 2 small ones (one in the boys' room and one in Justus' room). I am done decorating because of our WMU party last week which is nice now, but I struggled through it because I was really sick with a bad cold that I'm really just now getting over. I hope to post some pics soon. I know y'all are ready to be in Red Springs! I'm excited for y'all! I'm also excited that Sallie is doing so well! God is SO good!!! Love Y'all!!! :)
Post some pics of your trees. I want to see them! Glad you are feeling better! Miss you a lot! I plan to see you while we are in AL if only for a little while! LOVE YOU!
Anytime my sweet friend!! I love you! AND FOUR TREES!?!?!? Ohmygoodness!
I'm confused or behind or something.....are you moving????
I just tried to log in and I got rejected and couldn't figure why until I looked at my last name and realized I spelled it wrong! shhhhh....don't tell Jason HA!
I know you have no idea who I am, but Bro. Jerry is my pastor. He gave us the website for your blog, and I read it regularly. I absolutely LOVE the girls' clothes. They are dressed so cute in every picture. Bro. Jerry told us about the progress with Sallie. We are so happy that she is doing well. We pray for her as well as your family often. I wept when I ready the blog about giving Ell the promise ring. We have a 2 year old, and my prayers even now is that she will remain pure. I can tell that you and Aaron are awesome parents. :)
Thank you Holly! I am so glad that you left a comment and that you read our blog! A huge thank you for your prayers for our Sallie. WE FEEL ALL THE PRAYERS!!! I will tell you from experience they grow up really fast and it is never too early to start making those steps and most of all praying that they desire those things which God desires. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
Post a Comment