Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Prayers and Perspective

I have asked many of you to add this sweet family to your prayer lists but they are heavy on my heart so I thought I would put it on here and get more prayers. Jeramy Thomas, 18 is fighting Lymphoma of the liver. I worked with Jeramy's mom Amy at the Seminary and we were in supper club together, A worked with Jeramy's dad Pat and Jeramy worked for A during school breaks as well. They have since moved to Louisiana where Pat pastors a church. Jeramy has had Chrohn's disease for years and continued treatment in Dallas after they moved. Long story, he began to have other complications and after some surgeries, etc they learned that he had Lympoma. This young man has been through more than any of us can imagine but they lean on our Lord for their strength and it shows. He has gone through extensive treatments over the past few months and on Thurs he will receive a bone marrow transplant from his dad. There was a 1 in 200,000 chance that Pat would be a match and he was! What a miracle in itself! Please pray that the transplant will be a success. Also, there is a possibility that once he receives Pat's bone marrow he will be cured from Chrohn's! That would be wonderful! Thank you for your prayers.

This is a recent excerpt that Amy wrote from Jeramy's care page. It really puts things into perspective:

"While we have been at RMH the three of us search out for ways to serve others and we try to be a witness for our Lord. Sometimes this means finishing laundry for a family that needs to drop everything and run to the hospital or giving a ride to others back to the hospital. Serving others keeps the focus off of ourselves and makes us feel useful. As a Christian we know "it is not all about me" which is what the world tells us. Once the focus is in proper alignment we can be useful vessels of honor. "

Also, to put a face with a name, this is a clip from a recent news story that Jeramy was featured in. He and Amy are shown walking through the doors at the hospital and then there is a short interview with Jeramy:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/health/Strangers-donate-bone-marrow-for-children-in-need-87523237.html

2 comments:

JGWmom said...

I recently found Jeramy's Care Page and have their updates emailed to me. I also read this post of Amy's and thought, "Wow! What a testimony!" It spoke volumes to me! Or I should say the Holy Spirit used it to do so! They have been on my heart, too, and I'm joining you in prayer! (They're on our church's prayer list, too!) Thanks for posting!

The Hall's said...

I was just thinking that I was not sure if I had forwarded the page to you or not. I last heard from Amy on Friday and she seems to be doing great. You are so right-an amazing testimony and we know that God uses those trials for His witness and to make us grow as hard as it seems at times. I have always tried to think, things could be much worse. It is so easy to get wrapped up in our problems when if we look around they are not always so bad...