We are still settling in and trying to adjust to our new lives. A started full time in the office this week. It is really nice yet really strange to have him next door. Lizzie and Millie cried for a few days wanting to go with him. They just couldn't understand why he was going to the church without them. A is loving being able to have the time he needs to study and being able to be out in the community and do some things he has been wanting to do. It is wonderful for me to see this come to be. I have watched him long for this for so long and it is great to see him do what he has such a passion for. We appreciate your prayers as he prioritizes and makes decisions on the direction to take the church. I pray that I am the support he needs. Reality has really set in with the fact that our schedules are dictated by so many things (many of which are last minute) and I think we are learning to go with the flow and adjust our plans when needed.
I think we all love being in the country. The mosquitos are terrible right now so the girls are not getting to enjoy outside as much as we would like. A gopher ate our phone line and it had to be replaced! The skunks here are terrible but no skunk sprayings at our house yet! Everyone asks me all the time how I am dealing with country life. It is funny to me because they all think I am a city girl! If they only knew!!!
Elleigh went with a family in our church to the ball field one night last week and she got to meet some people her age and she enjoyed that and they were really nice to her. The girls have been more "off" this week than they had been. I think the past few weeks caught up with all of us. Millie was really sick with an ear infection for about 5 days so that was another issue. Sallie was supposed to begin therapy last week but there was a mix up and she actually begins next week.
The song "Does Fort Worth Ever Cross your Mind?" has taken on a new meaning! YES, it does! We love it here but the conveniences of Fort Worth cross my mind a lot! I am really trying to adjust to being so far from stores. We have been to Wal-Mart twice and spent lots of money both times but we try to get everything we can while we are there! Our town does have a DG and grocery store but the grocery store in insanely expensive so we try to get all we can when we go to WM.
We love not being on the road on the weekends!!! We have not had a free weekend yet though. Last weeked we had several things going on including a community get together at a neighboring community and Millie was sick. This weekend we had a wedding. We had rehearsal/dinner on Friday night. The dinner was at a lodge at a local ranch and it was so pretty out there. I took my camera but the battery was dead and I did not realize it. I am going to go back out there one day and take some pics. It was a true picture of Texas! The wedding was beautiful and A did a great job. This was his 3rd wedding and he has another next month. I took my camera to the wedding but did not take any pics. I just can't seem to do it when trying to chase the girls and keep them out of everything! Lately that has been more difficult! We made a complete scene in church this morning. Millie would not mind and I was correcting her and she begins screaming "don't take me outside, don't take me outside" and gets in the floor screaming so I am carrying her OUTSIDE and it was a scene! A said everyone was snickering! At least they know that she didn't want to go OUTSIDE!
I did take some pics before we left for the wedding. Several of you have asked for more pics of the house and they are coming! You get a little sneak peak of our living room. With Millie being sick and all of us being completely exhausted this week we have gotten behind but hopefully we will be able to knock some things out this week and I will get some pics ready.
Silly pic!
Someone always has to making a silly face!
Or not smiling... or not looking at the camera... They are still precious to us!
Decked in my favorite color!
I got in with the girls after they had already taken several and they were tired of it! So, this is the best we got of me with them. Can you tell who was really tired of the picture making?!
Now I think this is my new favorite pic of Ell. Just so you know, Elleigh loves to have her pic made (and always has!) and cooperates so that is why there is an individual pic of her. 
2 comments:
Sounds like y'all are settling in! So sorry y'all have the skunks...we SO remember that about Hamilton! It's funny, I'll never forget the way Wesley would scrunch his nose and say, "skunky!" He & Graham knew that smell well! Also sorry Millie's been sick! Hope she is better soon! I SO love these pics!!! They are all so good! Elleigh looks more "grown-up" every time you post a pic of her! All of your girls are beautiful, like their Mama! :) I do love your curtains, too...do you still have the red sofa? If so, I can so see these with it! Can't wait for more pics!
Love & Miss You,
Shannon
P.S. Can you please email your new phone #'s so I can call? I want to catch up some day this week! (Wish we could over some coffee & cheesecake! :) )
They are awful here! They have sprayed at the church several times since we have been here. I know what you mean about Elleigh. It seems like she changes every day. Yes, I do still have that sofa. It is all coming together, slowly!
I will email you. I forgot I haven't given it to you! Yes, please call me!
I wish we could catch up in person too! Especially with cheesecake and coffee!
LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment