I still have several Africa posts coming and a post of our time and the girls time in AL so stay tuned (and I have great intentions of doing them all soon so I can get caught up)! For now I wanted to share, THE DAY!
For some time we have known THE Day was coming. THE Day we would send Elleigh and Sallie to traditional school after homeschooling for the past 3 years.
These are some of the pics from THE Day…
Our 8th Grader
SO, how did we all do? Well, we are working on it! Sallie is doing GREAT! Praise you LORD!!! She is very tired by the end of the day but we knew that would be the case. #1 because it is a new schedule, etc and #2 because will all hearing impaired it is tiring for them to listen because it does not come natural for them and takes so much effort. The first day it was 107 degrees and they said she did not want to play outside! Well, duh!!!! She now has therapy on Monday nights so she is really tired after all that. Elleigh is adjusting… Pray for her and then pray some more!!! 8th grade, new kid, small town, going back to school after being home for several years, type A personality, birth order, and the fact that she is more mature than most of her peers is all not a great combination but she is trying really hard and we are very proud of her. Like I said, PRAY! A and I are surviving! Monday was pretty tough for both of us. Knowing what Elleigh would face and leaving Sallie for the first time since daycare and in a school environment (I will not even begin to tell you things that go through my head!) was very, very hard. I feel like I’m in a strange place in life all of the sudden. When I came home from working outside the home, the adjustment was hard. I had to find my self worth so to say and I kinda feel that all over again. I am lost not seeing to Sallie’s every need. I am lost not talking to Elleigh about everything. The girls are lost without their big sisters and really clingy to me so we are all just kinda lost but we are searching for our new daily life and we will get there.
The Lord continues to take me to Phil 4:6-7 “ Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” So, I am trying really hard to not be anxious, to pray for Him to give us all peace, to know that even though I am not there He is there with the girls, to know that I can tell Him how I long to keep that close bond with Elleigh despite the fact that we are not together and that He will give me those opportunities, to know that He will protect Sallie and that He has given us teachers to take care of her and to help her learn, to be thankful for the years I had with them at home which I treasure more than I can ever express, and to be thankful for the years I have now with the little girls and to look forward to bonding with them even more.
THANK YOU to those of you who have been so wonderful to call, email, message, etc to check on us this week. Your support has been a tremendous help!
I was so busy thinking about Elleigh and Sallie and myself and how we would cope with the change that I failed to think of the impact this has on the little girls. They, like the rest of us are getting better but it is quite an adjustment for them. They have moped around a lot and asked lots of questions throughout the day about Elleigh and Sallie.
They have played more today and it is neat for me to watch them interact without any other distractions. My sweet “little girls” as they are so affectionately known!
1 comment:
Again, I LOVE all these pics! And, I love that you are transparent...we so all need to be LESS ANXIOUS, and DEPENDENT on the LORD for EVERYthing!!! Thank you, Sweet Friend!!! I LOVE YOU & hold you in my prayers! :)
Post a Comment