Last Wednesday during our Awana time we had a Fall Fest. The kids were to dress up as a Bible Character. I wondered how many of them would actually dress up and all but a few took part. I emphasized over and over that they had to be in Bible Costumes and I was anxious to see how many really listened and believe it or not, none of them tried us! They were really cute!
Our original plan was for Sallie and Millie to be angels and Lizzie to be Queen Esther. However, I was sick last week and in charge of the Fall Fest so our Esther costume did not get made. Maybe next year! So, we changed to Mary which was much more simple. Sometimes you just got to do what you got to do! She loved the idea since she got to take “Baby Jesus” along.
“Baby Jesus” needs a little covering up Mary! I love this picture because it says so much. This is during the costume contest. This is the look Lizzie gets when she is in front of a crowd and Millie bites her finger nails when she gets nervous. I also LOVE the way Millie is looking at Lizzie. Precious!
Someone told me Sallie was the prettiest angel they had ever seen. I think she does make a pretty good angel! She won first in her group.
Lizzie won 3rd in her group. To the left is Miss Emma Kate. How cute is she as Pharoah’s Daughter. She and Lizzie and Millie are tight! She is 2 so they are all a year apart.
Lots of fun trunk or treating
The bounce house was the hit and A got to spend his night “manning” it. He was perfect for the job! We only had 1 mishap when the generator ran out of gas and it went down-with kids in it! Scared me to death! A and some of the other men quickly got them out and plugged it in and it was back up and good to go. Whew…..
Our sweet Mrs. Melba or “Melbie” as the girls started calling her when she stayed with them. They also called her Nanna but don’t worry our real Nanna, it didn’t stick! How cute is her set up? She puts 200% into everything she does. She loves working with the kids. We love her!
Millie with Mrs. Shirley. For my family, does she not look like she could be a Hudson sister? I have thought that from the first time I saw her. She is much more mellow though! Ha! She is such a hard worker and serves tirelessly. She cleans the church and does a great job but she goes above and beyond. She is wonderful to help me with Awana. She does a lot of things very quietly.
It was a great night and it is wonderful to see so many kids at our church. The older crowd just loves to see all the kids!
On Friday Sallie’s school had a Costume Parade through the school. Somehow I completely missed that they were doing this. After Sallie was dressed, A said, “oh I saw Mrs. Davis last night and she said they were to wear their costumes to school for a costume parade” What!? Her angel costume was ready from Wed nt so we dressed up really quick. Mrs. Davis who is Sallie’s gen. ed teacher and her first yr here said everyone assumes everyone knows because it is a tradition and forget some of us are new. It all worked out. Mrs. Davis is in the multicolored dress (as an 80’s girl). She is great! The lady in the front of this pic in the black shirt is one of Sallie’s special ed teachers. Sallie loves her too. She dresses really cute and wears a lot of bling so Sallie is all about that!
The parade
Love this picture for a couple of reasons. Look at the look on Sallie’s face!!! This pretty much sums up how she feels about school! Well, Sallie pretty much feels that way all the time (except in a medical setting). Also, notice the little girl behind her holding her hand. That brings tears to my eyes and a big smile all at the same time. I have shared before how much Sallie is loved at school. This little girl is Hanna and she and Sallie are very close. I got an email from Hanna’s mom the other day (whom I do not know) telling me that Hanna was having a great year because of Sallie. She said she cried all the time last year and hated school but this yr she could not wait to get there to see Sallie. Praise you Lord!!! Sallie came home last week doing moves to a cheer. Hanna taught her that. Instead of what we have gotten in the past when kids will say, “I dont want to play with her, she cant talk” Yes, we have heard that. Many, many times. I cant explain that pain… Hanna and many of the other girls have embraced her and not only accept her but love her and play with her! I cant begin to express how happy that makes me!
All the Fall Festivities are over and now it is NOVEMBER! I am busy planning Sallie’s Birthday (more on that later) but let me tell you I am having the time of my life! Soon it will be Thanksgiving which we love! Not sure I am ready for Christmas yet but it will be here soon, ready or not!
No comments:
Post a Comment