Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Countdown Begins!

We are officially counting down the days until Daddy is HOME!  They began their travels back today (they are 8 hrs ahead).  1 of the team members has never been (all the others are making their 3rd trip!) so they will go through Etosha National Park as they head back.  It is really something you can’t miss if you are that close and a great way to wind up the trip.  I am going to have A share all the details of the trip with you when he returns (and gets some rest!) but I will tell you that I only know bits and pieces and the bits and pieces are GREAT!  I am so anxious to hear all about it.  I told A on skype yesterday that I would try not to talk too much when he got home and be aware that he is tired.  I miss talking to him so much.  As much as I miss him I am glad that I do if that makes sense.  I know many women who are glad to get their husbands out of the house.  Not me!  Not only does he help A LOT he is my best friend and I miss everything about him!  We have gotten to talk some on skype.  Don’t get me wrong, it would be really bad if we never got to talk while he is gone but skype aggravates me so much!  At least with the connection he has which is not very good.  There is so much of a delay and it cuts off a good bit of the conversation and well I have just been on edge and it makes me ILL(bad mood, not sick!)

As we countdown there are still a few areas in which we need prayer:

Sallie was sick again yesterday.  She woke up with a bad cough and really congested again so I kept her home.  She was some better today so she went back and it was not pretty…  Not as bad as our adventure last Thursday but bad.  I have just talked to her teacher and she said she had finally calmed down some so maybe she will be good for the rest of the day.  As much as I hate to see her miss her Daddy so much I really hope that is all that it is.  So, please pray for the few days of school and then that she will be good when he gets back.  She had not been crazy about school since we started back after Christmas and has been sick a lot of that so we really needs prayer that whatever the issue, she will find the excitement she had for school. 

Please pray for the team as they travel.  I saw on the weather forecast that snow is predicted again for the next few days so pray this does not interfere with their travel.  Won’t be the end of the world if it does but I know some girls who might not understand (and MAYBE their mama). 

Pray for A and 2 of the other team members who will have to preach on Sunday morning.  They are scheduled to return here late Sat afternoon and I know will be exhausted so pray for a good night’s rest on Sat night so they will be refreshed for Sunday morning. 

Because I really do not like to post without a picture and because their daddy might get to look at the blog here is a pic of the little girls this morning.  See A, some things do not change!  This is what we get when we let the girls dress themselves.  They did say they were having crazy hair day!  Also note that they still are not parting with their rain boots! 

IMG_5940

3 comments:

JGWmom said...

CUTE pic!!! I am praying for y'all, esp. Sallie! Also, I had to smile when you have to "interpret" your usage of the word - ill! (Thank you, I needed that!) :)

LOVE YOU!

The Hall's said...

Thank you Shannon! Never thought a time would come when I had to explain but it did!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the pic...Daddy