Monday, January 3, 2011

WHY???

Our Christmas Pic this year was quiet misleading!  Everyone always ask me how I get such good pics of the girls.  The truth is every time I attempt photos of the girls I ask myself WHY I would put myself through such torture!  Really, it is a mess!!!  This year I waited until it was nearly too late to do them and send Christmas cards.  But, I do not like to not send them.  I absolutely LOVE going to the mailbox during the Christmas season and seeing the cards we get.  I love to see them displayed and to see the pics on the picture cards.  I just love getting them and I love sending them.  Plus, I really wanted a good one of the girls to frame for the Hall’s new home and our family pic at my parents house was 4 yrs old and Millie was obviously not in it.  SO, I just did it!  We had planned to do it one weekend and we were all sick with the stomach bug.  The next weekend was the last weekend we could do them in time for cards.  It was freezing cold and really windy!  I had great plans in my head and well it just wasn’t working!  The red barn (which is the one in the pic from the previous post) is one of our church members’ and I thought that would look good for the card with the black they were wearing.  The girls were screaming because they were cold so we got on the side that was blocking the wind and the shot I used was the ONLY good one from that location.  I wanted some dirt road shots but an open area just wouldn’t work.  The wind was blowing dirt everywhere.  On our way back to our house I thought of the barn next to our house and that maybe we could get on the side of it that was blocking the wind.  The girls were still cold but the wind was not quite as big of an issue.  I got a few good ones!

This one of one of my favoritesIMG_0027

And this is A’s favorite.  I do love the coloring and would like to do more there at some point!  I am sure I will be asking myself WHY again!IMG_0068

I got A LOT of not so good ones!  But now that all is done it is funny to look at them!  As you can tell Lizzie and Millie were not so happy and Elleigh and Sallie were enjoying themselves a little too much!IMG_0034IMG_0035IMG_0036IMG_0038IMG_0039IMG_0040IMG_0041IMG_0066IMG_0067IMG_0078IMG_0079Best pic of all of them of Lizzie and Millie and Elleigh and Sallie are cuttin’ up!IMG_0081IMG_0085IMG_0109IMG_0110IMG_0111

I do treasure the outtakes!  So, I will remind myself of that when I ask WHY I am putting myself through this along with the fact that we do have 4 kids and if I ever want pics of them together I just have to suffer through!

1 comment:

JGWmom said...

I love this post & you should in deed treasure every one of these pics! My fave is the one where Elleigh & Millie are looking at each other from either end (as if they know something the others do not), Sallie seems to be laughing (a sign of pure delight) & Lizzie is smiling looking perfectly at the camera! I'm sure for you it was not so delightful, especially with so many UNcooperative things going on! How I do remember the WIND of Texas...nothing like it here...these trees here really do a good job of blocking it even on the windiest of days! Anyway, I do love all the pics...I don't think I got a one of all 3 boys as I wasn't too concerned seeing I had made the pic for our card back during the Feb. snow!lol!
Love & Miss You GREATLY!!!