Thursday, June 2, 2011

Has It Only Been a Week?

I would love to tell you that we are just having a wonderful summer, etc, etc  BUT the truth is, it is a madhouse around here!  Hopefully really soon we will get used to all being together again and get into a summer routine.  Hopefully!  We are already driving each other crazy and we haven’t made it a week yet!   This week has seemed SO long!  These are just a few highlights of the week.

It is already so hot outside!  It was 113 last Saturday!  Unreal!  So, we can only take being outside a little at the time. 

The little girls do love gathering the veggies from the garden!  Yes, Lizzie has on a cheerleader uniform in the garden.  If you know Lizzie, no further explanation is needed.  If you don’t, well, that’s just Lizzie!

IMG_6915This picture is very indicative of our days!  The wind here blows hard all the time but lately it has been worse.  This day you could hardly stand up and you can tell it on the girl’s faces!IMG_6916A has worked so hard in the garden.  Thank you!IMG_6918I love getting fresh veggies from our garden!  Delicious!IMG_6920Sat nt Sallie decided she needed bangs and a MANY layers!  She was supposed to be asleep and she got up and did this…  Pictures simply cannot show how bad it was.  She cut chunks all on the sides….  Yes, you can imagine my reaction!  I know, I know I need to work on not being so vain (especially when it comes to my girls!)  Elleigh said it looked mulletish!  I am not sure what you call it!IMG_6922We already had an appt for today to get haircuts so we waited until then to see what our stylist could do.  I am not a bangs fan but what can you do?  I think it does look better.  The only cure is TIME!!! Thankfully her hair grows fast. Told you it has been crazy around here!

IMG_6926On a good note, our sweet friend from AL, Mrs. Abbey had her baby this week!  How cute is he?  Mrs. Abbey is one of the most thoughtful, caring people on this earth and has spoiled our girls like crazy and we are thrilled that she is Cooper’s mommy!   Oh how I would love to hold him!cooper3

There has to be more to our week than that!  Maybe it is not healthy for me to be able to recall it ALL!!! 

1 comment:

Jason & Rebecca said...

Amber did that when we lived in FL! That child had zero bangs and I was soooo vain! HA! I could have died.