Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hello November!

It’s NOVEMBER!  Where did this yr go?  It has flown by and I have not documented this yr as much as I would have liked…  I do love November!  College Football, Thanksgiving, that time before the craziness of the holidays gets so hectic, etc.  The Hall’s are coming here for Thanksgiving and we are so excited!!!  We have not told the little girls yet because they will ask every day until they get here but I SO want to tell them! 

The Elementary School here has what they call a Costume Parade and the kids dress up and do a “parade” through the school.  I got one shot of Lizzie.  Doesn’t she look happy?!?  Interestingly enough, Lizzie loves attention but in a more private setting.  She is really not into being on “parade” in a crowd.  This is her teacher in the pic with her.  Lizzie really loves her.  Her daughter is 4 and was diagnosed with cancer almost a yr ago.  She is entering the maintanence phase of chemo right now.  Breaks my heart but she is doing well considering.  I do not have a pic of Sallie in the parade.  It was a little different than last yr and we only got to see Sallie from behind which probably was best because she usually gets upset if we are at the school at an odd time and she doesn’t get to leave with us.  Lizzie wore her 50’s attire from a couple of yrs back.  It was shorter but it worked and Sallie was an 80’s workout girl.  Halloween is just not really my thing.  I don’t think there is anything wrong with it other than like so many things I feel like some get way too into something that really doesn’t matter but I just can never really get into it for some reason.   IMG_8184Last night we had our Fall Festival at church.  I am relieved it is over!  That’s a lot of work!  We had a big cold front come through yesterday and in an hour the temp had dropped tremendously and we have a lot of wind here a lot of the time but I think this was the strongest I have ever seen it.  We had gusts of over 40 mph and it was cold.  SO, our outside Fall Festival had to have a plan B and all be moved inside. Talk about chaos!  Between having to make last minute decisions about how to pull it all of inside and having everything inside it was interesting!  We made it work and I think it went OK.  Being in the country it is nice to be able to have a hay ride and we couldn’t do that either so that was kinda disappointing.  I was thankful that this yr I had not booked bounce houses because that for sure would not have happened.  Crazy Texas weather!!!  I had lost my camera yesterday so I have no pics from last night (not that I had time to take any) but a lot were taken and we will get those on the church site soon. 

This has nothing to do with anything other than I thought I would share:

I make meatballs very occasionally and add them to marinara for pasta or meatball subs.  A couple of months ago I was planning to cook meatballs as a finger food for something with the grape jelly sauce (I have no idea what it is called) and I decided to be brave and try frozen meatballs.  This may not really be of benefit to anyone because maybe I am the only person who has not tried frozen meatballs until now but I just had this mindset that they would be gross.  So, I tried them and they were really good!  These are the ones I got from WM.  I have not tried any other brands.  BTW, on the grape jelly sauce I have always used gj and mustard or maybe a little bbq sauce in there but not anymore.  It is so much better with chili sauce and grape jelly.  Of course you can do the same sauce with cocktail sausage.  These are the homestyle meatballs but I recently bought the Italian for marinara and they were really good also.  We are big on homeade but these were really just as good and much easier!

meat

A pic I got of Millie the other day.  I have no explanation!  Yes, my porch project is still under construction.IMG_8186And Lizzie on the same day (it was a warmer day!)IMG_8196

I am glad it has cooled off again for a few days anyway.  We are ready for Saturday and hoping the #2 team in the nation becomes the #1 team in the nation after Saturday is over!  ROLL TIDE!!!

2 comments:

Jason & Rebecca said...

Love the post and miss you!!!

Cameron said...

I miss you too! Maybe one day I will get to FW just for fun!