Saturday, December 17, 2011

1 WEEK!?! REALLY???

All day I have been thinking CHRISTMAS EVE IS IN 1 WEEK!  I am probably thinking that because I have shopping left to do!  I know better! 

We have been busy getting ready for Christmas.  We had a big night Wed nt with our Awana kids because it was their last night until the new year.  We had our leaders Christmas party here Thursday night.  We had a lot of fun but I am also relieved it is over.

I really have not taken many pics lately but these are a few to share

Because I love me a smocked dress (and Christmas makes it even better) and because I know my days of smocked dresses are numbered….IMG_0276IMG_0277LOVE the red tights!!!  How sweet are they???  I SO wish I could keep them little.  This growing up stuff is no fun!IMG_0278IMG_0279We always have to end with a silly pic!  I guess this is a semi-monster and chipmunk!IMG_0282Today A and Ell went with the youth from church to Holiday in the Park at Six Flags so the little girls and I had the afternoon and night together.  We made the pretzel rolo things.  They are really good!IMG_0283Notice Sallie does not mind letting the little sisters do the work while she watches!IMG_0286

Nanna gave A money for Christmas for books.  These pics are mainly for her.  The man LOVES books!!!  IMG_8308

I tell him these books are over my head!  Seriously!  They are deep!IMG_8307

I just finished my Christmas decorating this past week before the party here.  I love my Santas that my sister Connie has given to me over the years.  Last yr was our first yr in this house and I could never find a place I liked my Santas.  A was in a town with a WM so I sent him by last week to pick up a few poinsettias for the tables for our party but these just didn’t work.  So, I put them on this little divider between our living and dining room and then later I put the Santas there and I really like them here.  IMG_0290[1]

After 10 years of using the same wreaths I re-did my wreaths this year.  Well, I used the same wreaths but I changed the ribbon.  I was so excited about this green ribbon.  I got 50 yards for $7.98 at Sam’s!  I made 7 big bows and I still have some left.  It looks really great with spotlights.  I couldn’t decide whether to add something else to this wreath or not but I ended up leaving it alone (at least for this yr)  The mesh stuff was hard to find!  The H was the plain white ones from Hobby Lobby and I spray painted it with a glitter silver. 

IMG_0291[1]The other wreaths on all the windows on the front are just plain with the matching ribbon.  I am probably the only person in the state of TX with wreaths on my windows and spotlights!  This is not a TX thing!  They do lights on the house and many decorate the door and frame, etc but not windows!  Oh well, I AM an AL girl and we do wreaths and spotlights!!!IMG_0292[1]

Now on to finish shopping, Lizzie’s class party, and they will finally be on Christmas Break Fri. 

1 comment:

Angela said...

Looks great! Wish we were coming there for Christmas!