I really do not have a lot to say (talking takes energy and I currently have none to spare)! I am good for about 5 days of this doing it solo stuff! When A leaves I always feel myself going into "superwoman" mode and then after about 5 days I am over it. I give up! I am NOT superwoman! I do not want to be! I want my MAN back!!! I have enough experience in this to know how it goes. The days in the middle are the hardest which is where I am now. The last days are easier because you know the end is near. I really do not mean to complain. It does make me VERY, VERY, VERY thankful for him and all he does and VERY thankful doing it solo for me is only temporary. This is WORK!
Sallie has done much better than she normally does when A is gone. She still has her moments and is much more emotional than normal. I think she just misses him so much but she has done well at school which is a HUGE change from the Nightmare of January 2011! I know lots of people were praying! Her poor teachers have probably never prayed for anything more! The prayers are working!
A is at work in Namibia and everything is going well. We will share more about his trip once he returns (after the girls and I leave him alone that is)!
We had a great Lord's day yesterday! A sent me an email which I got yesterday morning sharing what an awesome time he had preaching and worshiping with our brothers and sisters in Outapi and our day was awesome too. We are currently going through Experiencing God and the deeper I get into it the better it is. We have 4 different groups going through it and many of us are really experiencing God in new ways! I was approached yesterday morning by a woman who has really struggled to find a place of service and through our study God has spoken to her to serve in an area she is not comfortable and really does not want to but she is being obedient. Praise Him!!! For some time A has wanted to try Storying through the Bible in Sunday School. Yesterday we began in 2 classes and will try it through the month of Feb and then evaluate. Our class is one of the classes that is trying it. I think it went really well. I enjoyed it a lot at least. Yesterday our story was the Lord's Prayer and as simple as that may sound there is a lot of application there when you break it down. We'll see how it goes from here. Our DOM preached and it was NOT coincidental that the majority of his sermon was dealing with the same issues we have been learning about over the past few weeks in Experiencing God. Last night as we watched our video on this week's lesson Blackaby's intro was almost identical to our DOM's sermon introduction. On each video after Blackaby teaches they show an interview with someone who has had different experiences with God. Last night's was a man from Lynch, KY which is where Elleigh and Melba will be serving this summer AND he began the teen club which will be holding a camp the week they are there and they will be helping with that camp. He was telling the story of God providing in miraculous ways in Lynch and particularly for this teen club. I was so moved by how God is working in so many areas that I was just shaking! I just had to share! GOD IS WORKING!!! Are we watching? Will we be odedient in joining Him?
Ha! My first line was I don't have much to say! Maybe I did have something to say!!!
Monday, February 6, 2012
WORKING!
Posted by
The Hall's
at
Monday, February 06, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment