I do a lot of pinning! Some of my friends on Pinterest have boards they call Pinned It and Did It! I think we all do more pinning than doing!
I thought I would share a few times I have done a little more than pinning in the area of recipes. I have tried more than this but these are just a few.
This first one is a twist on traditional rice krispies. The taste is not a lot different but some and they are really colorful and fun. I made these a while back for our Children’s Missions Groups snack.
Cake Batter Rice Krispy Treats
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of mini-marshmallows
- 1/3 cup yellow cake mix (dry cake mix)
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal (I never use this many rice krispies because we like them marshmallowey!)
- 1 (1.75 oz.) container of sprinkles
Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows. Stir until they begin to melt, adding in (dry) cake mix one spoonful at a time so its combined. Stir in cereal so it is completely coated with marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle in half of the sprinkles and mix. Press into a baking dish (any size will do) and top with remaining sprinkles. Let sit for about 30 minutes before cutting. I find spraying a knife with nonstick spray helps to cut them.
NOTE: I made several batches of these and the first batch I added in the sprinkles when it was too hot so on the other batches I waited a couple of minutes.
I made these a couple of weeks ago for our Sunday night Connection Group and they were SO GOOD! Really easy too! I used spring colored cupcake liners and they looked really cute!
Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 42 cream-filled sandwich cookies, such as Oreos, 30 left whole, and 12 coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- Pinch of salt
2. With an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.
3. Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
4. Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to overnight). Remove from tins just before serving.
NOTE: This recipe makes about 3 dozen so you can adjust depending on the # you need to make.
The recipe said these are a Martha Stewart Recipe
I made these one night for Connection Groups as well. They could not be easier and very good!
Bacon Wrapped Cocktail Sausages
1 14-oz. package Lit’l Smokies
1 12-oz. package lean bacon
3/4 c. brown sugar
Cut each piece of bacon into three pieces and wrap each section around a cocktail sausage and secure with toothpicks. Place in dish and then sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake on 325 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Note: I have made these twice and the first time I used 3/4 cup brown sugar. The second time I put more. I did not measure it but it was more. It’s just a matter of preference. I have not done this but it says these are good if you put them in a crock pot on low after they are done and before serving. This recipe originally came from www.ourbestbites.com. I have gotten a lot of great recipes from their site!
No comments:
Post a Comment