2 weeks of no blogging is way too much! So before I get out of pocket again I am catching up. Ell’s birthday post is before this one and this is a combination post of everything else that has been going on (well some of it!)
We finished up AWANA for this school year on the 16th. We had an Awards Ceremony and then food and bounce house and water slide following for all the kids and their families. I took NO pics of the Awards Ceremony which I regret but A and I lead the ceremony so we obviously can’t take pics. I am sure someone has some and will share with me! The weather was perfect for the bounce house and water slide.
I do have this one that someone sent to me. Lizzie had a great first year in Sparks. She finished her first book as well as her extra credit book which means she learned over 50 Bible Verses this year! Millie finished Cubbies and did great as well. She finished her second book and also did some work in her Character Builders book. She learned around 40 verses this year! She is SO excited to move to Sparks next year. Me, I like having a Cubbie!
Sallie is not in the pic but she had a great year too! I had no idea they were doing this but during Awards T&T which is the group she is in did a verse in sign language. She learned “The Father and I are one” in sign language and she taught it to the group. It is no doubt her favorite verse. Her face lit up when they did it. It was precious! I then had to get up and speak following that! I just couldn’t think too much about it!!!
2 days later as the girls were finishing up school they had Water Day and Field Day at the Elementary School
I am in love with this pic! Sallie is “supervising” tug of war! SO Sallie!!!
It was quite a windy day as you can see!
I have no idea what Lizzie is doing here but it for sure an action shot!
Last week Elleigh finished up the 9th Grade. She has had a busy year to say the least. She has learned and accomplished a lot and we are very proud of her.
I never dreamed Elleigh would be a part of FFA but she really got into this year and was successful and has learned so much through it and has really loved it. This past week they had their banquet.
Among the other awards she has won throughout the year she was awarded the Star Greenhand Award which basically means she had the most accomplishments in FFA for all Freshman. The guy in this pic was awarded the Chapter Greenhand which is awarded to a Sophomore. She knows what she needs to accomplish to win this next year so she has it all planned out! The state qualifiers for the year were given these personalized duffels
Ell with her wonderful advisor, Mr. Carter
Sallie finished up 3rd grade with an A/B average which is a major accomplishment! I just can’t help but smile really big when I think about all the milestones she has reached this year!
Lizzie finished up Kindergarten and according to her teacher is more than ready for 1st grade. She loves to read and has reminded us every day since being out of school that we need to practice sight words.
Millie finished up her last days at home with ME… I have dealt with it OK. I have really been too busy to dwell on it which is probably a good thing!
She loves having her sisters home with her and of course she loves that she is about to join them in school.
Things are about to get even crazier for us but hopefully I will not get too behind on the blog! We head to Killeen for our mission trip and in 8 days from today is Sallie’s surgery. A and I finally got a chance to talk on Friday night and share where we are now that the time is almost here. We both agreed we are scared… Scared for what she is about to go through, scared for the outcome, scared for her response, just scared. We know God is in control and we accept that and are not consumed with fear but we are still scared. This never gets easier and this is for sure one of the most permanent decisions we have made for her. We do know this is the direction God led us and the more we look at the timing it confirms that His timing is perfect but we also know that doesn’t always mean it is easy. We think a lot about how she will respond once activated and we do not feel it will be pleasant for a while. We are not being pessimistic but trying to be a realistic. We feel she will get there but we are trying to prepare ourselves that her reaction may be negative for a while. One thing is for sure, our God can handle all our emotions and her reaction. Thankful HE does not change and HIS will is sovereign!
The video below made national news last week. The girl is a patient of Sallie’s Dr, Dr. Bauer and he is interviewed in the video.
http://www.wfaa.com/news/health/Girls-video-diary-chronicles-her-struggle-to-hear-153311365.html
No comments:
Post a Comment