Tomorrow is the day. The day I send my last baby to school. Last year when Lizzie went to school and Millie was left with a huge void was quite an adjustment for us. I had never been home with just 1, Millie had never been without Lizzie, and we had to figure out what do with each other. We quickly got into a routine and had wonderful days together! It was such a sweet time that I am beyond thankful for. Did I dread sending each of our girls to school? Yes! Do I care for Millie more? No! But I am discovering it is more difficult to send the baby out the door. Mill and I have been together since day 1 and that one on one time I had with her makes it even more difficult. Also with the other girls there was still at least one more left! It may seem that I am further torturing myself by recording these thoughts but it is always good for me to go back and remember my feelings during seasons of my life and I want our girls to have these feelings in writing for later in life when they might appreciate them.
Millie is insistent that she does not want to go to school. Everyone knows this has been a major decision in our house because of her birthday. As much as I would LOVE to say forget it, we made the wrong decision to enroll her and keep her home another year I really feel like we have made the right decision. I am not saying that is the right decision for every child with a late birthday because I think it is different for each child and a decision for that family to make for their own child. So with all that went into making the decision and her insisting she is NOT going tomorrow I am attempting ( I said attempting) to be a big girl! I have a feeling my attempts will probably fail when I walk out of that building and leave my tiny, precious, baby girl tomorrow morning...
What do I do when I come home? I am really not sure? Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of cleaning and laundry and organizing and the list goes on! But I am at another crossroad in my life and I feel like this one is going to be a tough one. I realize my days of being mama are far from over ( and I am so glad). I realize now and in the coming years my girls will need me maybe more than ever. However, for 5 years that has been my job 24/7 and while it was one I thought I would never adjust to it was the best job I have ever had, not because it was easy but because it was what He called me to for this time in our lives. I do appreciate your prayers during this time of change.
Millie, I can't even begin to think about not having you to make me laugh all day! There is never a dull day when Mill is around. I know I will count the hours until I pick you and your sisters up from school each day and can't wait to hear about your days and all the fun things you learn. God gave me 5 years of being home with you each day and I am so glad He did! I hope that I have invested that time in you in a way that pleases Him. Your teacher asked on a form for me to describe you in 3 words and that was a hard job for mama. I chose fun, sensitive, and laid back because I thought those were the 3 that first come to mind and could help your teacher to learn more about your personality. It would take many more words than 3 to describe you sweet girl. I can not wait to see what God does with you! I love being your mama!
To not leave out the other girls, I dread to see the summer end and them go back to school as well. I know there are parents out there who have been counting down to tomorrow and I have those days too but I like my girls together and with me! Most of the time that is! Elleigh says she is ready. She is bet schedule and goal oriented so she loves that about school. However she hates the drama so well see how long the excitement lasts. Sallie is completely unpredictable so I will have to report back on that. The situation with her special Ed teacher worked out well and I feel great about the instruction she will be receiving! Praise God! With what she/ we have been through this summer it is not easy for me to let her go back. Lizzie is ready! She loves school and has such an excitement for learning!
Stay tuned for pics/stories/need for counseling for this mama!
A says he will be dragging them in tomorrow morning and me out! He knows us well!
Sunday, August 26, 2012
IT is HERE...
Posted by
The Hall's
at
Sunday, August 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for taking such good care of our girls. You have done and are doing a great job as a mom and all the other roles you take on like wife. I know this is hard for you and I hope to truly be there for you. It will be hard and I know my office will have plenty of tears shed tomorrow. I love you.
A
Post a Comment