I have never seen such dry land. It is awful. All the billboards read “Pray for Rain” and we do, A LOT. But I think we often have little faith in the Lord sending us rain in His timing. One day last week it rained for the first time in a long time. The girls yelled “RAIN” and headed outside to “take a rain shower”. As you can see, they were quite happy to see rain! It was only 1/4 of an inch but we will take every drop! By the way, yes they are in their pjs and I will admit it was 5:30 in the afternoon! Some days are just like that!2 weeks ago we had VBS. This was my first year directing and to say I was stressed would be an understatement! I am thinking though that like Awana or anything else we do that once you have some experience under your belt it is always easier. VBS is A LOT of work and I have a whole new appreciation for VBS Directors but we survived and better yet it went great. That is after the first night when we had 25 more kids than we had planned for. Me, of little faith only planned for about 10 more than last yrs average! It is hard to plan for a number because you do not want to have way too much but it was a humbling experience for me to be reminded how big our God is and how He is in control no matter how much we think we are. Of course we did have to run around gathering up more food and crafts and literature but it all worked out and we had a wonderful VBS!
Speaking of little faith, I NEVER thought the day would come when my mama and daddy have a computer and the internet!!! The day has come! WE LOVE YALL PAPPA AND GRANDMAMA and are very proud yall have entered the world of technology!
No comments:
Post a Comment