A and I got away a couple of weeks ago for a few days which is not my excuse for being away from the blog for 2 weeks! We attended our Baptist State Convention (actually we have 2 in TX) in Corpus Christi. There were 6 of us from our church that went. We all traveled separately as couples because the other 2 couples are retired and we all went different ways after the meeting. We all attended the meetings together though and ate together, etc. So it was nice to not only get away with each other for a few days but with some of our church family as well. We had a great time! Coordinating everything with the girls while we were away was a job and there was a time before we left that I thought never again, this just isn't worth it. But, it was so worth it and and we are extremely thankful for those in our church family who know the importance of us having time together and making that happen! It is a huge blessing and was much needed! I had never been to the TX coast before. It was not FL or AL beaches but we just love the beach so it was good. Not that we spent any time relaxing on the beach but we did put our toes in the water! Driving ON the beach was really strange. It was neat to be able to drive on them but I think I prefer beaches not driven on. It was a really pretty drive also. We went through the TX hill country which you greatly appreciate when you live in an area as flat as ours. The leaves are just beautiful this year. I can't remember a fall as pretty as this one. All the colors remind me of the ones you normally only see in the mountains! Along the way this huge cross caught our eye and we checked it out. It was pretty much just a huge cross. It was definitely a Catholic thing because it was surrounded by stations of the Cross. I will post soon on what the girls were up to while we were away!
Monday, November 12, 2012
Away
Posted by
The Hall's
at
Monday, November 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment