Friday, November 16, 2012

Sick and 11!

First I can not believe this is my 4th post this week! I think it has been my therapy! A has been sick since Tues night with what now appears to be the flu. If not it is very similar. His fever got up to nearly 104 last night. It scared me and I was about to head for the hospital. Meds were not bringing it down but ice packs finally did. We thought yesterday morning he was better but then he got much worse last night. He does feel some better this morning and has only a low grade fever so we are hoping the high fever doesn't come back as the day progresses. Please pray none of us get it either. He was at a convention Mon and Tues in San Antonio and both he and the other man from our church that went with him came home sick so viral for sure. A says he has never been so sick! It has been a crazy busy week! Sometimes I actually think it will be nice for Ell to be driving! I made 4 trips to town yesterday running her around (and all of them to and from school) for a grand total of 80 miles plus running her around to deliver stuff she sold for FFA ( over $1000 worth) and the fruit is not even in! I have made 2 trips to town this morning already because I am crazy and mixed up Sallie's cochlear batteries and put a dead one in. So as we were pulling up to school she told me there was a problem. So I dropped them off and headed back home to replace battery and back to school. I attempt to always appreciate A but when he is sick and I am doing this solo I REALLY appreciate him!

Enough on the sick! Sallie turned11 last week! Her bday has always been emotional for me. The memories of that day overwhelmed me so much for many of her first birthdays. I still remember and I still reflect but mostly I am just thankful. Thankful for God giving her to us just as He did! Thankful for her sweet spirit! Thankful for her strong will(did I say that?)! Thankful for all He has taught us through her! Thankful for progress! And just thankful for every day of Sallie Kate Hall! We went to Chili's for her bday and took her shopping which is her favorite thing to do! We decided to get dessert at Chili's after dinner instead of bday cake. She always wants dessert when we eat out and we never get it so we thought that would be a fun treat. Lizzie and Millie said it was the best treat ever!

No comments: