Yesterday was a long day... We got to the hospital before 5:30. Sallie had a low grade fever and anesthesia wanted her to have a breathing treatment. She had a good bit of congestion going in. I was reminded yesterday about truly believing the words that I say. I say God is in control and I trust Him but I was reminded that is easier when things are going the way we think they should. I held it together but I admit I was concerned. I know that is normal but I was tested yesterday for sure. I had not been that concerned about her being put to sleep in a long time. After all the drs and nurses walked out A and I talked over our concerns. I finally just said, "the Lord knows". That's what it all comes down to. He knows! Each moment may surprise us but not Him and it is in His hands anyway. That little hiccup prepared me for what was to come. Dr. Bauer came to talk to us and as many surgeries as he has done on Sallie I have never seen him as exhausted. His first word was wow. When he got into that ear she had a cholesteatoma ( the skin tumors) growing in her eustacia tube and one in the mastoid area behind the ear. So a huge praise that he went into that ear and caught that before it got out of control. He got all that out and tried to do everything possible to prevent it from growing back. Then he began the work to build the area for the implant and then finally implanting the electrodes and the magnet. He told us we would need to discuss a plan for keeping those ears as clean as possible which will mean more visits to him. He cleaned the other ear and said it was not healed as well as he had hoped mostly because of all the debris that collects in that ear. What now? Come up with a plan for cleaning out the ears more often in his office, see how both ears heal and what possibly will need to be done, we activate hopefully on Jan 31st if swelling is not too bad. The greatest concern and prayer need we have at this time is the cholesteatoma NOT coming back in either ear. Yesterday when he told us there were 2 in that ear panic took over again. That ear is historically bad for them but it was just a reminder of the riskiness of implanting. If they grow back with the implants in #1 it could be a long time before we caught it and #2 we would have a huge issue with removing it. Dr Bauer left out and A listened to my list of fears (bless his heart he has done this a million times) and at the end of my rant I said "we can't change it and He knows" to which A replied, "yep". We plead with you to join us in praying the skin growths are gone forever! He also told us with all he did to expect recovery to be worse. So far, he is right but we have Meds and are keeping them in her and for the most part they are working now. Vomiting was an issue last night and nausea continues to be an issue but she was able to drink some Gatorade and eat some crackers this afternoon. We left the hospital this morning and are in a hotel tonight and hopefully she will be up to going home tomorrow. Please also pray for her recovery so that she does not miss too much school. A few pics from the past couple of days:
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
HE Knows!
Posted by
The Hall's
at
Tuesday, January 08, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment