We had a bonus quick trip to AL a few weeks ago! When we were home for Christmas someone from our home church in AL contacted A about preaching for their Homecoming. My first reaction was there is no way we can do that. It is only in about 6 weeks and that is only a couple of days for a lot of hours of travel. A really thought he should do it so we made it happen! When Sallie got sick we felt like he would end up going alone or maybe with the little girls. Ell could not go because she had a competition that weekend. However, it all worked out and Sallie got 2 good reports within days of us leaving for AL so we packed up all the meds, did infusions on the road, and headed to AL.
On the way there Millie began to cough and cough and cough! We got to the Hall’s about midnight and she coughed all night long. Nothing we gave her helped. It was a very distinct cough. First thing that morning A took her to the Dr. Turned out she had RSV. Sometimes you just sit back and think REALLY??? I know it could be so much worse but in the midst of being away from home doing IV infusions and another child with RSV and the one already sick not needing to get it, you kinda wanna lose it!!! Thankfully she got a breathing treatment and he gave us some really good cough meds, inhaler, and antibiotic because she had an ear infection as well. She was much better within a couple of days! Whew… AND no one else got it!
We drove onto my parents. My dad’s bday was that day so we got there and Lizzie, Sallie, and I hopped in the car with my mom and dad and headed to eat with my family. A stayed at their house with Millie. It was fun to get to be there for Daddy’s bday!
Saturday we hung out and relaxed a little and that was good and much needed!
Sallie still adores Zach AND his precious girlfriend Kimberly!
Sunday was Homecoming at Southside Baptist Church in Troy. I am SO GLAD we made it work and went! It was just great! It was great to see everyone! Felt like no time had passed really. A’s message was wonderful! Yes, I am a little partial but it really was! He got me crying from the very start. Over the weeks leading up to that day we had talked several times about how much that church meant to us and all the life changing events that took place in our lives while at that church. I accepted Christ there and was baptized, A and I served there together for the 1st time, we served in youth ministry for the first time, Sallie was born while we were there and they loved us and encouraged us and were the body of Christ for us during all that and all that came after, Elleigh and Sallie were both dedicated there, Elleigh was saved and baptized there, A was a deacon for the 1st time there, he was licensed to preach there, he was called to full time ministry while we were there and that calling was confirmed by a wonderful Christian lady. He recalled some of these things before he began to preach. We had a great time of fellowship and it was good to see lots of old faces and to see that there were new faces. We were honored and blessed to be there! Obviously I was visiting and did not get to take pics but I do have a few my sister took.
The crazy Sall face!
Our niece Maggie stood in for Ell!
No idea what was going on beside the camera but obviously something I was ignoring and the rest were not!
I will be in trouble for this pic but we were thankful Nanna joined us! Nanna, there were 2 and you had your eyes closed in both!
AND I normally do not do this but I had mine closed here!
Sun afternoon we headed back to the Hall’s and Monday morning back to TX. On the way back we stopped again at Duck Dynasty. We still did not see any Robertson’s but we did see Linda, Martin, and Godwin! We also got to shop in the store. Can hardly wait for the season premier next week!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment