Monday, May 27, 2013

SWEET 16!

I have taken a BIG blog break lately!  Now it is time to play catch up! 

May 7th was Elleigh's 16th Birthday!!!  Whew...  It really seems unreal and yes I cried A LOT!  BUT, it is real and I survived as did her Daddy!

I kept thinking how on earth is she 16.  I know it is so cliche but really it happened SO quickly.  I also spent a lot of time thinking how thankful I am.

We could not be more proud of the young lady she is.

She has standards and goals and she works hard to stick to those and strive for more. 

She is wise beyond her years in many ways. 

Although she has faced and continues to face a lot of criticism for being "different" she does not allow that to change her. 

She has learned that doing the right thing is often the hardest but has chosen that path despite the difficulties. 

She has accepted our lives and ministry although it is often not easy.

She has learned to appreciate what she has and to be content and that even if she doesn't have all the world has, she is greatly blessed and has more than most.

She has a huge heart for missions.

Most importantly she loves the Lord and seeks to please Him.

Elleigh has faced some things that many girls her age have never walked through.  Some of them because of her choices, some because of the places the Lord has put us, some because of our family being in full time ministry, some just life situations.  As hard as it has been to see her face some of this, I realize it is part of the Lord molding her and I am thankful for that.  Honestly, it is scary to think of what the Lord is preparing her for.  Is she perfect?  Of course not, none of us are but she is something to be proud of!  Praise the Lord and I pray that she continues to live for HIM no matter the costs! 

The weekend before her Birthday we went to Fort Worth and celebrated with her friend Sarah. We   went on Friday and had dinner and then spent the night.  Ell, Sarah, and I did a little shopping on Sat before we headed back home.

See she isn't totally not like other teenagers!
 Love these 2 and am excited to see what the Lord does with these 2!

A took the other girls to the zoo while we were shopping.  I can't believe Sallie who is horrified of cats and dogs would pet a snake!  Lizzie did too but she just wasn't in this picture somehow.  


The day of her Birthday!






Hoping the next year passes not quite so quickly!!!

Our precious first born through the years!


No comments: