Sunday, September 23, 2007

Previous post

First of all let me comment on the post below-WOW-how blessed am I??!!! I told him I was going to delete that post and he threatened me! HA! Really, that was so sweet. Marriage is hard work!!! With 4 kids it is really hard and no things aren't always good with us but we both have a real passion for marriage. Not only ours, but others. People sometimes assume that our marriage is just perfect and that we don't have any problems because A is such a Godly, loving man (not like other men is what I have been told) and I agree that he is a catch but we still have to work really hard to make time for each other and to treasure our marriage. One of our biggest challenges is we can't just call mama to keep the kiddos for us to have some much needed time so we have to make every opportunity count. Oh and by the way we both have our fair share of flaws, lots of them, so we have lots to overcome! Marriages fall apart around us everyday and it breaks our hearts. God has to be first in our lives and then we have to work and work and work for our marriages. Society has told us that it is OK to treat each other however we please, and to not respect God's design for our marriages, and to have the it's all about me mentality, and to let ourselves get into relationships that will destroy our marriages even if we don't intend to, and it just doesn't work that way. I don't think you can ever stop working at it. I think it is also very important to surround ourselves with friends who treasure marriage and will uplift your marriage rather than bring it down. Does that mean we never vent our frustrations about our marriages, no but I think too much of that is unhealthy. I do think we have a good marriage but I also know it can only get better and we have to keep working to make it better and to make sure it doesn't fail because it surely will if we don't work for it. We are no experts on marriage, nor do we have it all figured out, just 2 people TRYING to get it right despite the MANY struggles of life and longing for others to do the same. I could go on and on (maybe I already have :) ) about this but I won't right now-maybe later. Thanks A and I love you!

No comments: