I was debating between the title sick or sick and tired! I think sick and tired of being sick and tired best describes us. On Wed, Lizzie started throwing up with a stomach virus (a ferocious one I might add) along with everything else that comes with a stomach virus. So during the night that same night while I was feeding Millie I hear Sallie in her room throwing up-GREAT! She was so sick bless her heart. She threw up off and on for hours. Thursday comes and I get sick (not nearly as bad as the girls though). Not that I wanted any of us sick but with Millie being so little I really did not want her sick but I really thought she wouldn't catch it. By Fri afternoon Sallie, Lizzie, and I were feeling better and guess what-yep Millie starts throwing up. I called the Dr since she is so young and they told me to stop feeding her and to give her water only in very small amounts and see if she could keep that down and after 4 hours of no vomiting I could nurse again in very small feedings. She would do fine with the water and then as soon as she would nurse she would start throwing up again and we would have to start all over with the water thing. Fri night was pretty bad. She was so hungry and she would go crazy when I tried to hold her. Broke my heart! To see a 6 week old throw up like that (to the point she was heaving) and then for her to be hungry. Finally about 3:30 Sat morning she was able to keep a little milk down but still it wasn't enough to satisfy her. They told me to feed her every 2 hours as opposed to her normal 3 so at 5:30 I got her to keep a little more down and finally at 7:30 that morning she fell asleep for the first time since sometime Fri afternoon! She is better now but still pretty weak and doesn't have much of an appetite now. We are still feeding a little every 2 hours. Oh I almost forgot, Lizzie woke up at 2:30 Sat morning in the midst of all this throwing up again. She was fine after she threw up. Crazy! Hopefully A and Ell have escaped it. I am afraid to say! We do seem to be on the mend (I think)! Sick and tired of being sick and tired and sick and tired of washing!!!
Sick baby girls
Updated Millie pic-6 weeks old-how time flys when you're having fun! I LOVE her in yellow! Well in any color but yellow looks particularly great on her! 
Sallie feeling much better and enjoying her new tent! We have a huge consignment sale here and last spring I went and won (first time I have ever won anything!) a $50 gift certificate for the fall sale (Praise God!) so this is one of our prizes. Everything else I got was clothes. This is the $12 tent!
No comments:
Post a Comment