Friday, September 14, 2007

THANK YOU!

I have been meaning all week to do this post and am finally actually getting it done. I wanted to say a big thank you to our wonderful friends and family who have been so supportive to us as we began homeschooling. It means so much when you call or e-mail or write letters to say we are thinking of you or praying for you and to ask how it is going. God has used so many people to make this easier on all of us. The days leading up to our beginning homeschooling were very difficult for me. To be honest, I was a mess! God had called me to this task and for months I had known it was coming but the reality really set in and I was scared-very scared! I hardly slept the night before we started. That morning I got up and had that feeling kinda like I was starting to school for the first time. Our dining room table is where we do school and I got there and I sat down and really had no idea how I was going to make this happen. The days were already filled and I still was not getting it all done. How was I going to find the time to educate my child and to do it the way it needs to be done? What about the other girls? What about making sure she got enough social interaction? How was I to think on so little sleep? These were only a few of the questions running through my mind! We begin each morning with a short devotion specifically for girls Elleigh's age and I have no idea what it was about. We read through it and discussed it but my mind was not really on it. Next, was our prayer time and I have to say that I felt God's hand upon me in a powerful way-very powerful. In fact, it was one of the greatest tugs on my heart ever. I began to pray and mostly to weep a lot. I felt so overwhelmed by the opportunity to be with my children all day every day and to know that God had entrusted me (at least for now) to educate them. Most of all He was saying to me you've done what I told you to do and you made it to this point and trusted Me and I will take care of the rest. WOW! When I got finished praying I looked at Elleigh expecting her to ask if I was OK or what was wrong but not a word from her. The look on her face said it all. She knew. We have never discussed that particular experience but I feel quite sure she felt the same peace. She did tell me at the end of the day that she was scared and not sure about homeschooling but that she knew everything was good now. So many of you were a part of that experience. I know it! You were praying for that peace. Many of you told me you were. THANK YOU! I have also been reminded to tell others when I pray specifically for them. Even though the greatest peace was that God gave me through all your prayers, I felt lots of LOVE (much needed love and assurance) by you telling me! You all are the best! Keep praying! Every day brings a new challenge but HE gets us through everyday and we get it done! Is every day good? No, but we still have hope for the next day! We love you!

No comments: