Wednesday, January 9, 2008

JUSTIFIED

On Sunday I was all geared up! All geared up for our family to eat better and exercise more. After all, we ate enough in AL to last us the rest of the year! Sunday is my weekly gear up day. I get geared up to spend more time with the Lord through prayer and in His word, to be a better wife, to be more patient with my girls (especially during school time) and play with them more, to be a better friend, to get organized with everything (especially my house), and the list goes on and on. So, that is Sunday and on Tuesday night:

I bake a POUND CAKE!

Please tell me someone else can feel my pain??? And it gets better-I then tell myself we have blown it for this week so we will do better next week! And I can always justify it. I had a bad day on Monday. It was our first day back to school and neither Elleigh or myself were in the best of moods, the other girls would not cooperate and on and on. We talked Monday night and decided Tuesday would be a better day and it was! So much better! Attitude really is the key! So, I thought what better way to end my day on Tuesday than with a great piece of pound cake and cup of coffee. This is just one of the justifications I came up with. I also thought about the cream cheese in the fridge that I needed to use and how it could be a surprise for my man after he had worked so hard. Forget, that I wanted it! IT WAS GREAT! Elleigh is reading over my shoulder and telling me I must include that I was also selfish! I had it in the oven when A took Ell to basketball practice and he told me that when he got back we were going to enjoy a piece with coffee after all the girls were in the bed. Those of you with kids know what I am talking about-no one is wanting your food, you don't have to stop eating to do something else, etc... So we did just that and Elleigh was not too happy about being left out. They got a piece for breakfast! OK, now I am feeling like a bad mama for giving my kids pound cake for breakfast. It was just one day-right! Next week will be better!!! Oh, and is it POUND cake because of the POUNDS you put on from eating it or is it the POUND of butter you use to make it??? I am thinking probably both!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I feel your pain!! It always take a day or two to get back in gear with school after having a break! Jason has reassured me of this before when we have had the same kind of day! I am sure we will next week when it all starts up again...

The pound cake looks good, and the coffee to go with it sounds REALLY good!! I have the same problem! Only, I tacked on a few pounds from the holidays.... or so my new weight scale that I bought today told me so!! I work out but I love food!

Oh, and if it makes you feel better.....we watched a movie with our girls tonight, so for dinner they/we had Popcorn, Star crunch, Hot Tamales, Junior Mints, and skittles for dinner!

ah...will the madness end.....LOL