I have thought many times about doing this post but have been very hesitant. However, I feel like I should because I do believe in the power of prayer and that is what I need. I have been sick since January 4th and we are still not sure what is going on. It would take me forever to go back through what all has happened but I have had various symptoms from extreme fatigue, lightheadedness and dizziness, chest discomfort, pressure and pulsating in my head, numbness and tingling, etc. I have now seen 3 doctors one of which was in the ER and have had tons of tests and so far nothing has come back abnormal. Along the way I was diagnosed as having gastritis which could explain the chest discomfort and am taking something daily for that but that does not explain any of the other episodes (appears to be something isolated that happened to be brought to the surface). There were 2 weeks during this time frame that I barely could function and some days are still pretty bad but overall I am feeling better but still having lots of numbness and tingling as well as muscle weakness and am so tired. It is so frustrating to not know what is wrong with you and to need so much to be back to 100% for my family. We know God knows and in His timing I will either be healed or we will have some answers. I admit it has definately caused me to cry out to Him more than I have in a long time. He has also revealed Himself to me through others time and time again. I have been very encouraged by dear friends checking on me, showing up at our door with food, offers to keep the girls (and when you have 4 that offer doesn't come a lot!), and the list goes on. I know that there are lots who read our blog that do not know anything is going on with me and I am somewhat private when it comes to my own health but as I said it really hit me today that I need lots of prayers and this is a good way to get that going. I am waiting on a call back from the Dr. to tell me what to do next. She did tell me last week that it could simply be stress but she wanted to rule everything else out first. So, you can also pray that I am able to control the stress in my life because whether that is the cause of this or not it can't be helping. Also, I am having very restless nights which are not helping either (not caused by the children-they all sleep through the night) so you can pray for restful nights. Please pray for Aaron who has been wonderful to say the least. However, he has lots on him with school and working and it is all wearing on him. Pray for his endurance and wisdom in decision making and prioritizing. Pray for our sweet girls who are feeling the effects of me not being myself and completely there for them and daddy being pulled in a million directions. Praise-we have all escaped the nasty stomach bugs and colds going around, none of the girls have had an ear infection through this season, Sallie has been the healthiest she has ever been! Thank you for your prayers!
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment