Sunday, March 23, 2008

HAPPY EASTER

"He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said"
Matthew 28:6

I love Easter!!! The story of Jesus' Crusifiction bringing to mind all He went through to save us from our sins and the hope that is found in His Resurrection and I love this time of year when we are reminded of all He created when we look at all the beauty in the flowers which are beginning to bloom. I just love it! One thing that has really been on mind this Easter Day is what do we do daily with the Easter story? How does it really impact us and how do we use it? Every other Sunday I co-teach a Kindergarten Sunday School class at our church and this morning as I was teaching those kids knew all the answers. Now, they are kids who are always in church and I am sure taught Biblical principals at home but they knew the Easter story like they know the alphabet. I think we all do, even those who do not know Him as their Savior. However, what do we do with it? Wow, that is very convicting for me.

Traditions are very fun for us. I have found that even the smallest traditions make such an impact. If I ever forget to do something we always do, Elleigh is quick to ask why we are not doing it.
Something we always do which I did as a kid is to make a bunny cakeBunny 2008 is complete. We gave Elleigh her own side of the bow tie and Lizzie and Sallie got the other side. Can you guess which side belongs to who? HA!Aaron is always in charge of dying the eggsThis year we made Easter Cookies which told the Easter story as we made them. I got this idea at MOPS and thought we would do it since many of our other Easter traditions are not as focused on the real meaning of Easter. It was quite chaotic going through each step and reading the scripture as we went along while the Sallie and Lizzie tried to eat it all along the way or add more ingredients or whatever other tricks they could think of but we definately made memories and hopefully got something out of it! Here the girls are beating the pecans to signify Jesus' beating by the Roman soldiers. Elleigh reading the scripture. This melts my heart. Elleigh does have such a heart for the Lord. A giving the girls salt to put in to signify the tears Jesus' followers shedThe next morning we got them out of the oven after they had been there all night and the centers are hollow representing the empty tomb!!!I had to share this picture because when I got the girl's baskets out this year I had a little melt down-not sure why but I did. I felt so blessed when I saw all those baskets there-all 4 of them. WOW-God gave us 4 daughters and they mean so much to me-each so different and so special! So many times people (including us sometimes) relate large families to so much work and so much expense and so much everything (which is all true) but I was so proud to fill those 4 baskets and I wouldn't trade having 4 for anything! We are so blessed!!! Also, Nanna gave them all their baskets with their names painted on them and I love the baskets and they bring back lots of memories. I think Elleigh could have used a little more sleep. The Easter bunny did very well-more dress up stuff!Lizzie ate WAY too many M&M's on Saturday and did not sleep Sat nt so we ALL paid for it on Sunday. Like I always say, "when Lizzie ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" This picture says it all!!!Elleigh is my poser. She loves the camera! Has since the day she was born!SO sweet of Sallie!!! They each love individual time with us. I sent the others on their way and Sallie and I took pictures. She loved it! "I am not smiling for you!"The youngest love of my life! Such a sweetheart! OK the others were before church and this is after-Lizzie still crying!
I love this picture-Sallie is checking on Lizzie (and laughing at her), Millie is looking at Lizzie like will you please be quite and Elleigh is just posing! I am not going to reveal what I was thinking during all this!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

The pictures are sooooo beautiful!!!
I love what all you guy did!!