Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Waiting?

This is part of an on-line daily devotion I receive for homeschool parents. It really hit home with me so I thought I would share. I think we have become a very anxious society and have to be reminded that we really are not in control. Waiting does teach us so much even thought it is not fun.

Waiting is not something any of us do well in today's world. In our fast-paced lives, we expect immediate responses to our daily needs. Fast food, fast lanes, and fast everything makes us a nation of impatient people. Unfortunately, we carry that same philosophy over to our spiritual lives, and we want fast answers from God, too. However, God is in control, and He has His own timetable. As agonizing as it may seem, waiting is actually beneficial to us spiritually because it forces us to focus on God instead of our request.Have you been waiting for a long time for God to answer one of your prayers? Maybe you have a family member who doesn't know Christ as Savior or you have a financial burden or physical illness that seems overwhelming. The Lord may want you to focus your attention completely on Him so He can reveal His power to you at just the right time. Will you let Christ redirect your thoughts so He becomes the center of your focus while you wait? "My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning." (Psalms 130:6)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cam, thanks for this - it really blessed and challenged me this morning! Call me when you have a moment...I've got news for you. :-)
Miss you! -Laura D.

Rebecca said...

I am so glad you posted this!!!
I was JUST having a conversation about this with Jason! Too much for me to write to tell you everything so I will just say that your post reaffirms for me everything Jason and I talked about!

=)