It was a strange Father's Day at our house. I hope it was a good day for A but it definately was not typical. First of all Elleigh is at camp so we did not have our full crew to celebrate. I cooked his request for breakfast (some cinnamon crescent things that I came up with) but other than that no cooking and I normally cook his favorites all day. He said he would rather us celebrate when Ell got home. Tonight was Parent's Night at camp so we went down to have dinner with Ell. It was good to see her and see how she was doing and for her to see her daddy on Father's Day even if it was only for a couple of hours. We had to get back for A to study. Please, please pray for us. The class A is taking this summer is killer and we are only 2 weeks into it and I have only been here 4 days and am majorly stressed over it already and I am not the one taking the class! I get stressed when he is stressed-stressed that he will not get it all done, stressed because I know how tired he is, stressed about filling in the gaps with the girls and keeping them occupied so he can do what he needs to do, trying to fill the time that is normally our time, trying to be supportive through my frustrations. We knew it would be this way but now it is a reality. A is sleeping very little and he is not able to spend time with us like he would like (and we would like) and it is just going to take that for him to get through this. I think that was another thing that made today seem strange. It is like we have this cloud hanging over us. A cloud known as Turbo Hebrew! We will make it-just pray we make it through and he passes and does not get too sick. His allergies/sinuses are a mess right now. The girls are so blessed to have him as their daddy and I am blessed that he is the father of my children. I pray that we all look back on this time and have grown from it because he was doing what God had called him to do. Happy Father's Day A-you are the best!!!
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Father's Day
A picture of all of us! Thanks to our friend Susie who knows we never a get a picture of all of us. This was tonight with Ell at camp. I told her that her face needed more sunscreen. I am sure she loved me coming in and giving orders. I said Elleigh are you drinking enough water and her reply was "yes mother I have had 4 bottles today already" and my response "well you might need more."
Posted by
The Hall's
at
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your pics are sooo great! I know Elleigh had a great time at camp! We just got back today. We took 6 plus Graham and Wesley to Student Life camp at Angelo State Univ. in San Angelo, TX - about 2 1/2 hrs southwest of here. It was a blast, but I'm glad to be home. We actually got to stay in a hotel instead of dorms which was really good for me having the little guys! We all had a great time and the camp was AWESOME as usual!
I mainly just wanted to encourage you and Aaron in your journey through Turbo Hebrew! I know that pain and I know the stress! Know I will be praying for y'all and I know that y'all will persevere through it! God's mercies are new every morning and His grace is sufficient to see you through! The day will be sweet when it is all over! Go celebrate- or come see us! (We had a baby at the end of ours - LOL!!!)
Love y'all!
Shannon
Thank you so much Shannon. You are always so good to encourage me! I miss you so much! I have heard of seminary babies (we have 2 of them) but Turbo Hebrew babies!!! HA! I love it! Y'all DID celebrate! I will stop there!
Love,
Cameron
Post a Comment