Sunday, February 8, 2009

32 hours of me time!

Yes, by the time A and the girls get home tonight they will have been gone for 32 hours straight (all of them). Several weeks ago A mentioned that he would like to take the girls to Red Springs and me have some me time. My initial reaction was no way. You work on Sundays and I have to be there and I would feel so guitly and no, I just can't do that. Elleigh was quick to say that she would pitch in and help. I think they were tired of me!!! So, Friday was a very challenging day and I called A at work and said OK, you don't have to persuade me, I need this! Elleigh's friend Sarah went with them also so I know she has been a lot of help and she loves the girls. I convinced myself that it was OK (at least almost). I had the am I a terrible wife/mother thoughts and what will everyone say, will I be known as the preacher's wife who is who knows where while he has the kids. But, I knew I needed it and I always with them so I did it. Then something happened Sat afternoon and I really started to doubt my decision again. I hurried and got ready for the supper club girls which I was hosting this month. When they got to my house I shared my feelings with them and they all reassured me that I was not a terrible person. They were all able to stay later than usual since the husband and kids didn't come in which is usually our signal that our time is ending. I wish I could say that I have been more productive but I started several projects today and just talked myself out of finishing them. I woke up before 8 this morning which was a little disappointing but I decided to just lay in bed for a while. It is now almost 7pm and I still have my gown on! I really need to go shower. I am thinking a long hot bath will be the perfect end to my night. This time has been wonderful and I am so thankful for a husband who recognizes when I really need something (and that my sanity is really almost gone!) and sacrifices so much to give it to me. Thank you! It's been fun, but now I am ready for MY MAN and MY GIRLS!!!

The table set and ready for the supper club girls. We originally were supposed to do brunch a couple of weeks ago and we were sick so we rescheduled but stayed with the same menu. So, I thought the fruit theme was perfect for that type of food. I made these as placeholders and gave them to the girls to take home. I was pleased with them. I always have a head full of ideas and they often don't turn out like I envision but I was pleased. I love anything with fruit!Another highlight to our weekend was getting a new couch and loveseat (new to us at least and FREE!) Our furniture had seen its better day. We were rough on it and the fabric just wasn't very durable. People will sometimes give furniture and other items to the Seminary for any family that might need them. For probably a year now I have had A on the lookout for a couch and loveseat and finally he got me one! I love it!!! I am very thankful for those who God uses to meet our every need and in this case a want as well because I really like it. Rhonda-you can't see it well in this picture but notice that I hung the frame you gave me for Christmas. I love it and you were right, that picture is perfect for it.I thought I would never find a couch as comfy as the one I had but this one is even more comfy. Trust me-I have spent a lot of time on it today!

3 comments:

JGWmom said...

HOW NICE...the day and the furniture!!! You deserve it...ALL! I love your table scape and your idea for place holders!
Love Ya!

Rebecca said...

The couch great! I am so happy for you and the fact you got some time to spend with yourself....you DO deserve it! Love your table decor!

The Hall's said...

Thank you girls! You are sweet, sweet friends and I thank God for you and your encouragement. Being a mom is a hard job as you both know well and I am thankful that God gave us friends to get through it! LOVE YOU!