Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I had a moment

A couple of nights ago Sallie had taken a bath with me and when she finished she got out and got dry and put her pjs on and then she came back in the bathroom and got her stool out, got the hairdryer out and started to dry her hair. This was not the first time she had done this but as I sat there watching her, I had a moment. I know I am emotional and well that's just who I am! I sat there and I watched that same little girl who I watched and wondered when she was born if she would live or would she ever walk or would she ever be able to do anything for herself. We still have so far to go but I have learned that I HAVE TO BE THANKFUL FOR EVERY MILESTONE. I know this might not seem like a big deal to everyone but I praise the Lord for everything she can do and that all my children can do. Every child can not do these everyday tasks. We have spent way too much time the last 7 years in hospitals and other places surrounded by children who are challenged in so many areas that we take for granted. THANK YOU LORD FOR EVERY ABILITY YOU GIVE TO OUR CHILDREN!

How cute is she?!!! I love that little girl!!! Her cardiology appt: She was very nervous but she tried to be a really big girl. She did cry some but not the huge fits that she has been doing. This was her first time to see this Dr and she was very good. She said that there was no change with her aortic valve (which is bi-cuspid as opposed to tri-cuspid). It will just need to continue to be monitored to make sure there is no change or it is not affecting the function of the heart. They did an EKG and she said that one of the rhythms of her heart is longer than it should be. Once again, she said it is not causing any complications at this time but will need to be monitored. She gave us a list of drugs that we will need to avoid with her. She said that in the future they would need to monitor her during activity to see if there were any affects and come back in 2 years. The heart always makes me nervous obviousely but I have to give it to the Lord and keep it monitored.

Praise-we are all better-I think! I am cautious to say that! I must have some pray warriors reading my blog! We were well and able to go to MOPS today! I do not like to miss MOPS!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Beautiful post! I am emotional too...if you can't be emotional and in love with your children at the same time then you probably don't have children yet. It's ironic I gave M a bath with me the other night and I almost cried watching him play with bubbles while he looked back at me to smile. I think I was overwhelmed with thankfulness to the Lord for allowing me to be his mother.

p.s...than you so much for the eggs AND the CAKE. It was SO good, and Jason LOVED IT! I did share, but they don't know how much you actually brought HA! So, I want another one or post the recipe on your blog along with the stuffing you made at Thanksgiving.....I could eat that year round!

JGWmom said...

Praise the Lord for the good news! She IS growing up!!! I love the pic! God is so good!!!

Love ya!