Monday, February 2, 2009

More Random Thoughts

Maybe I should begin doing Random Monday! It seems that on Mondays I always have lots of random thoughts filling my head.

First of all we have had what feels like a never ending stomach bug!!! I have already posted about the Millie, Sallie, and Elleigh's first round. Then on Wed nt Lizzie and Millie threw up during the night and back to upset tummies the next day. Thurs afternoon my head started hurting really bad and I woke up during the night with the full blown stomach bug. The little girls all seemed better. By Sat afternoon I was feeling some better so we packed up the car and headed to Red Springs. During the night Sat nt, once again Lizzie and Millie threw up and they along with Sallie had upset tummies most of the day Sunday and I was sick again. It is the strangest thing. We are still having issues today and A woke up during the night last night with it. Please GO AWAY!!! When there are 6 of you in the house you just pass around everything!

I am very thankful that A did not get sick yesterday. He had to preach as well as do the services at the nursing home. The churches in the association take turns doing the services at the nursing home and this is our month so he had to do that Sun afternoon. Bless his sweet heart he did all he could do for us in between church stuff.

Because I was at the parsonage sick and with sick babies I missed the skunk that A found when he opened the front door of the church after services. A skunk just sitting on the front porch of the church! Gross!

One of the couples in the church gave us 3 dozen fresh eggs from their farm. So, now A is waiting on me to cook him a pound cake! The stomach virus has bought me a few days though.

Ell went with the GA's to visit a cowboy church because they had studied about them in GA's. She came home and told me we wouldn't fit in. HA! She said mama the girls would be out of place in smocked dresses! Of course she and her daddy then discussed whether or not the sermon was Biblically sound (not because it was a cowboy church but just because they always do that). I love them!

Lizzie has been on thumb patrol lately. Of course, Lizzie is on every kind of patrol most of the time! Every time she sees Millie sucking her thumb she yanks it out of her mouth and tells her loudly "no, no Mill Mill YUCK!" Maybe she will break her. However, Millie looks at her like whatever and puts the thumb back into the mouth!

I am ready for a normal week-no sickness, no ice, no sickness, no sickness!

Sallie's appt with the surgeon went really well. He said that everything looked good and he wanted to see her again in a year. A took her and he said she did so well. She never cried and she just showed him her ear. My sweet girl! Hopefully we are headed in the right direction concerning her fear of scrubs! She goes tomorrow to cardiology and that will mean machines and tests and I am thinking she might not be so calm but maybe. We originally had this appt last week during the ice storm. The receptionist apparently was not happy that she had to be at work but I called to tell her we weren't coming. She instructed me I NEEDED to be there this week! Excuse me-don't I pay them??? I will leave that topic now!

Yesterday morning Lizzie was asking me where everyone was as she does oh about a million times a day! She goes through the whole list of grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. My answer to all was church. Although I think some were sick like us and not in church but they would have been had they not been sick. I thought how great to be able to tell her that her family is in church. I am thankful for all of my girls examples.

And because I am long overdue on a post on Sallie's wardrobe choices here you go! Nothing has changed. Notice her pearls.


And you know you are a GIRLY GIRLY when you pretend to flat iron your hair with a can opener!

2 comments:

JGWmom said...

I am on the floor from the pic of Lizzie flat ironing her hair with the can opener!...it so outdoes shaving with a spoon! LOLOLOL
I always love Sally's fashion shows! Elleigh and Aaron discussing theology...hmmm, you may have another Beth Moore on your hands! :) Bless little Millie and her thumb...you go girl!
So sorry y'all have had the stomach plague! I hate that thing! So far this season, only Graham...I so should not be saying it!!! Please Lord take it away from the Hall house and please don't let it come our way!!!
Love y'all! Let me know if I can do anything for you!
P.S. So funny...Richard has nursing home duty once a month! Just one of those "Preacher Duties"! :)

Rebecca said...

I absolutely love the pictures! That is great. Michael got a hold of the stapler Monday and while I am on the couch showing one of the girls how to do something I felt him behind me with a clicking sound. I turned around and he was trying to STAPLE MY HAIR!

I hope the bug leaves soon....Amber started having other symptoms later like you had told me you all were going through.