Any time that I post on here that I need prayer, things really start to improve. Coincidence-I think not! So, here I go. Basically, I need you to pray that I don't lose it with my children or lose my mind completely. REALLY! I know this is all part of it and it comes in spurts but the past few days have about gotten the best of me! Millie is in this stage that is very undesirable. That is the nicest way I know to put it. She is so whiny and so clingy. One advantage to having kids so close in age is that you remember the stages and I do remember Lizzie going through a stage like this but not for this long (I don't think). She wants me to hold her all the time. It started a month ago or longer. She hasn't shown any signs of sickness (other than the stomach bugs we have had) but I was really hoping the Dr would say she had an ear infection when I took her for her check-up so that I could explain the crying. I have tried everything-sometimes I hold her, sometimes I refuse (which I don't like to do but I know that I am creating a bigger problem if I give in every time she cries), I have popped her (yes, call me a terrible mother!) because she pitches such a temper tantrum about it. It is really driving me crazy! I live for their naptime each day and then when they get up I live for Aaron to come home! Elleigh said she was running away. I don't blame her. Sallie and Lizzie are fighting big time. I am trying to think of some creative new things to do with them to keep them occupied some and out of trouble. I am really big on allowing them to play on their own and so I insist that they do this but I need to get some of my ideas that I have in a file out and see if there is anything new to entertain them some. I know this is all normal but it is my life right now and it is overwhelming. This is the greatest job I have ever had but I admit it is by far the hardest and as a mother I always blame myself when things get "out of control". What am I doing? What am I not doing? CALGON (Elleigh looks at me like I am such a nerd everytime I say that!) I have to remind myself over and over that "with God all things are possible" including being a mother 24/7. I know so many of you can relate. Thanks for listening!
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
PLEASE don't think you are alone in this! It must be the winter blahs, because I have been going through it, too, with my kids. I love them, but...it IS hard & overwhelming! I will certainly pray for you!!! Let me know if I can do ANYTHING else!
Love you,
Shannon
Oh sister, I understand. I will pray for you to have the strength to endure these days. You are by no means a bad mother. Please don't believe any of those lies!! And I am saying that to both of us!! Chris and I just read that we have 246 weekends with our children from the moment they are born to the moment they turn 18. I started feeling guilty. And I realized that God didn't want me to feel guilty, He might have wanted me to make some changes. But not guilt! So I will pray for you. And I pray that A brings some Calgon home..
Thank you ladies for the encouragement! I am so thankful for friends who offer encouragement and can relate when being a mom gets the best of us!
LOVE YOU!
Well, I am seriously late READING, Catching up, posting, and etc....
I don't have to tell you that you are not alone on days like this! You know I got through it too. My prayer will be late, however, I will pray for this day and the next in hopes that it's prevention.
you and I could look into trading kids sometimes to give each other a break from our own. I KNOW mine will not act up with you the same way they are with me at home.....you little ones are pretty quite at first at my house because they wonder what's going on. Let me know if you are interested!!
Post a Comment