Monday, February 23, 2009

Time REALLY does fly!

February is coming to an end and Ell's Upward basketball season came to and end on Saturday-Time REALLY does fly!

Elleigh is over half way through the 6th grade which means this was her last year of Upward-Time REALLY does fly!

Her team played a great game Saturday. Elleigh had the ball in the last few seconds and had to make it all the way down the court to score and tie the game (they were playing the undefeated team). She took her shot as the buzzer went off and it went in but didn't count of course-Time REALLY does fly!

I was an emotional wreck with the combination of the very intense game, her shot which almost tied the game and I knew how upset she was, and the realization that my little girl is about to move on to 7th grade-Time REALLY does fly!

All of which gives me a different perspective on the post below from Friday-Time REALLY does fly!

I want to slow down and take it all in and find joy in whatever season of life I am in-Time REALLY does fly!

2 comments:

JGWmom said...

You sound so much like me!!! I think that every day...that time is flying and I need to soak it all in because my time with them is so short and my critical influence on them is so brief! Then, I feel guilty that I get upset about something and that's all they are going to remember is how upset I get rather than all the things that I want them to remember! Whew!!! It's tough being a MOM!!!
Sorry to hear about Elleigh's game. I know how tough that is, too! (losing and especially your kid's team losing, especially when your kid is a key player!)
Now I'm emotional!!! Ha! (I always am these days!)
Love y'all!
Shannon

Rebecca said...

Yes, where does the time go?

ONLY I can't get Amber to try any sports, even E tried talking her into it. She does want to swim though so maybe we'll continue to look into this.