Friday, June 5, 2009

NOT Coincidental

It has been a trying and tiring week! Sallie has of course been sick all week and it has just been one of those weeks when nothing seemed to go right and the other girls weren't getting enough of me because Sallie was occupying so much of my time and they were showing it and by today it had really caught up with me. We have not had good rest in a week and lots of stress and this morning I just felt like I could not go on. Sallie still showed no improvement and I was thinking we were going to have to take her back to the Dr. She was still in a lot of pain which breaks my heart. I think if a complete stranger had walked in and offered help I would have taken them up on it. Seriously! A bless his heart had to listen to me fall apart while he is trying to work. Of course the cry helped me some but later in the morning Millie brought me a little New Testament Bible and wanted me to read to her. I always just open it up and read wherever I open and this is what I read:

1Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. 2Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. Romans 5

WOW! Am I still exhausted? Yes, but God amazes me over and over again. It was NOT COINCIDENTAL that this is what I read to Millie. The Lord knew just what I needed to be reminded of-HIS promises!

Sallie has begun to show some improvement this afternoon. Apparently because we went several days not knowing what was going on it got really bad and is taking some time to get it under control and because she was on antibiotics for 4 years straight it is often hard to get infections under control with her but she does not seem to be in as much pain. I could go on my tangent about the overuse of antibiotics but I will refrain! She is still running fever and uncomfortable but the intense pain does not seem to be as bad. She has shown no signs of a negative reaction to the medicine. Once again, PRAISE HIM! Please continue to pray that she will heal completely and that she will not have a reaction because often this will happen after they get a good bit of the meds in their system.

Sweet Sallie in the ER. She was SO sick. At least the pain meds had kicked in at this point and she was able to sit up which she was not able to do when she hurting. She literally was bent double and screaming. Not something even I would want a picture of!
Finally, a little smile this afternoon!!! I will take what I can get!
So much for the lazy days of summer on the deck!!! We haven't seen the sunshine this week! I know better than making "plans!" Maybe next week! I am fairly certain that we do hold a world record for the number of times we have watched High School Musical 3. OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER! I am not sure I will ever get "The Boys are Back" out of my mind!

3 comments:

JGWmom said...

Awww, I just cried while reading this...God truly is amazing...how he gives us the exact words from His Word of truth that we need and how he uses even the smallest in His kingdom to touch our hearts and bring our focus back to Him!!! So glad Sallie seems to be better...I will certainly keep praying for ALL of you!
Love You,
Shannon

Anonymous said...

We are thinking about you, Aaron, and the girls. I hope Sallie gets to feeling better very soon. You and your family are constantly in our prayers. We love you all. Valorie

Rebecca said...

I cried! I know those days! One of these days we are going to be crying at the same time...I just know it! The Lord has a way with using our little ones! I am so happy S is feeling better! I love you and I am praying for everything!