Thursday, June 4, 2009

What time is it?

It is a little after 2 am and I am blogging! I am waiting for A and Sallie to come in from the ER so I thought I would take a minute to ask you to pray. So, we took Sallie to the Dr on Monday and since then she has not gotten any better. This afternoon she was crying really hard and bent double with pain. I gave her Motrin and got it under control. About 11:30 she was in lots of pain. A held her and prayed for her and after he got finished I just really felt that we needed to take her on the ER. I had suspected UTI at one point this afternoon but the pain did not seem to intesify when she would tee tee so I wasn't sure. I forget how scary the unknowns can be. I was reminded tonight. Each time I wonder if there is something we are about to discover that we didn't know before. I don't live in constant fear of that but when she gets sick and we are unsure I do struggle with that. I was revising my plan of action if I had to get to the hospital to be with them but thankfully I did not have to put that plan into action. They did some x-rays and urine culture and she does have an UTI (and also some constipation probably as a result of holding it because of the pain). She got a dose of bactrum in the ER and then we begin it at home tomorrow. Please pray that her body responds quickly to the bactrum and that she has no reaction to it. She has had an allergic reaction to bactrum years ago and then back a couple of years ago we had to try it again because the Dr couldn't get anything else to touch the UTI and we have to protect her one kidney. She has taken it one more time since then with no reaction. Please also pray that we do not get back in this cycle of her having frequent UTIs. THANKS!

4 comments:

Brandon-Laura Denning said...

Oh Cam! We will be praying!

Anonymous said...

Praying now--keep me posted.
Brenda

Rebecca said...

Oh. My. Word. I have suffered through my share of UTI's especially when I was pregnant with Michael. In fact, once when I lived in FL and had to go to the ER for one and the doctor lectured me for waiting too long to see a doctor and was worried about my kidney's. UTI' are so so painful! Amber recently had one and I had to take her to the doctor, she was in so much pain.

Oh Sallie honey I know exactly how those feel! I am praying for you baby girl and praying for fast relief of the pain. I love you sweet heart!

Let me know if I can do anything Cameron! I am also praying she will not have an allergic reaction to the medication. Love y'all!! Bless her heart I know how painful that is :(

JGWmom said...

I'm sorry I haven't read this before now, but I have prayed and will certainly continue to do so. Please let me know if I can do more for y'all!