Since we start to school next week we tried to pack as much fun into this week as we could and I think we did a good job! I tried to do things that each of the girls enjoy.
These pics are from the splash pad/park in Crowley. It was hot of course so the water is nice to cool down. It is not something to hold their attention for a really long time but it was fun (and free!) 







I have no idea about the purple background that you will see in lots of these pics. We took them with Ell's camera and I am not sure if it is a setting or what. We haven't been able to figure it out yet.
My friend Rebecca and I went to La Madeline for dinner one night this week. She homeschools as well so it was a good time to get out before we get started. She also has 4 kids (one of which is a 13 yr old girl!) so we have plenty to talk about!
Ell and I went shopping for school supplies and to Mimi's for dinner. It is always great to get out one on one and to be able to listen to her and not be distracted and be able to give her my full attention. She is growing up way too quickly for this mama!
These are pics from the park and the train ride on the miniature train. They love to ride the train. 



So, because something always has to happen with us I got bit by a bee as we are getting on the train. I am sure at some point as a child I have been bitten by a bee before but I don't remember it. Thankfully it bit me instead of Millie because I was holding her. The stinger was sticking out so I got it out but I immediately became nauseous and a little dizzy so I am thinking do I get on this train or not! I got on and within 5 min or so I was OK. It is still really sore but I put some stuff on it last night to draw out the venom because it was getting really swollen and hurting a lot.
And because being stung by a bee wasn't enough-I had Ell's camera around my wrist and while we were on the train ride Mill tries to stand up and I reach for her and her arm knocks the camera out of my hand and yes off the train! Thankfully it was in an area that we could get back to because many areas along the route we could not have gotten to or it could have gone into the Trinity River. So, after we get off the train we have to get into the car and go back and track down the camera. I let Ell out and she walked the tracks until she found it. Typical Hall experience!!! Oh, and it did not tear it up which is a good thing!


Ell and I went shopping for school supplies and to Mimi's for dinner. It is always great to get out one on one and to be able to listen to her and not be distracted and be able to give her my full attention. She is growing up way too quickly for this mama!
These are pics from the park and the train ride on the miniature train. They love to ride the train. A met us for a picnic lunch
Texas has these birds that I call "crazy TX birds" and they were all over us while we were trying to eat. TX has brave squirrels too! They come right up to you. So, lunch was an adventure!
We ended our Fri grilling burgers and playing outside.
And after burgers-SMORES!!!
YUMMY!!!
YUMMY!!!
2 comments:
Looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! Is the splash pad new? That looks really fun! There is something similar to that called the fountains in Spanish Fort in the middle of their new shopping center and my niece takes her little girl to them. I've thought when we go down to visit sometime I would take the boys. All the pics are great!!! I'll be praying for you and Rebecca as y'all begin school!
Love ya,
Shannon
P.S. Don't even get me started on those CRAZY Texas birds!!! :)
I really am not sure how long the splash pad has been there. It is not very big but they did have fun.
Thank you so much for the prayers! They are great appreciated!!!
Those birds are something else!!!
Post a Comment