I almost forgot the pics from Millie's b-day. Of course you know we had her and Lizzie's "day party" while we were in AL but just as Lizzie did we had to have something a little special on her actual b-day so we took a Hola (aka Dora) cupcake cake to Red Springs to celebrate on Sunday. She loved it of course!
Excuse the nakedness. This was after church on Sunday and we strip the girls as soon as they get in the door so their Sunday clothes do not get messed up. Here she is waiting on me to bring on the cupcakes!
Blowing out her candles!
And licking the icing off "hola"

We are winding down our summer. I will start school with Elleigh and Sallie in a couple of weeks. I had wanted to start a little earlier but there are some things around here I really want to get done and in order before we start. Elleigh will be doing Switched on Schoolhouse this year which is a computer based program and she is really excited about that. Lizzie and Millie are going to be going to Discovery School (1/2 day 2 days a week preschool) at our church here. Their first day is Sept 1st. The primary purpose of this is for me to be able to completely focus on Sallie during that time. Please pray for me as we begin. I know that this will not be an easy task. We have explored so many options for Sallie and I just don't have it in me to get into it all right now but schools meeting special needs is a nightmare. So, I am going to be much more aggresive with her this year and we will see what happens from here. The pressure that places on me is very overwhelming and as time draws near I am feeling that more and more. I greatly appreciate your prayers! For the next few weeks we have check-up and projects and some playing to do! I have not felt well the past couple of days so I am hoping to get back to normal to wind up the summer and get ready for the school year.

Blowing out her candles!
And licking the icing off "hola"
My friend Shannon asked for the Cherry Limeade Punch recipe from the girl's party. I made it once before for a GA sleepover at church and everyone loved it. It is so simple-mix 2 liter of sprite with frozen concentrated limeade, and then add in the juice from 1 jar of maraschino cherries. I then slice a couple of limes and throw in and a few of the cherries. One recipe makes a gallon (maybe just a little less than a full gallon). At the girl's party I served it in the bowl with Sonic ice which made it even better! LOVE SONIC ICE! For those of you who might not know you can buy ice by the bag at Sonic.
A few people had asked if I made the blue dresses (and top for Ell) the girls have on in the beach pics. Yes, I did. They were probably the easiest things I have made them so far. I made them and then had them monogrammed. I wish I could monogram them! That is on my wish list directly after my dream camera!
Speaking of dreaming-a friend of mine was telling me about this book she was reading titled Calm my Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow which is about contentment. I think especially as women we all struggle with this. I am so much more content with "things" than I once was but I seem to struggle in other areas like being content with situations, etc. I shared the recommendation with my friend Susie and interestingly enough she had heard about the book as well at a meeting she was attending. So, we decided we would get it. It "happened" to be 1/2 of at Mardel this week so I got it and have only had a chance to read the first few chapters but it is really good. It really makes you think and it is strongly backed up with scripture.
We are winding down our summer. I will start school with Elleigh and Sallie in a couple of weeks. I had wanted to start a little earlier but there are some things around here I really want to get done and in order before we start. Elleigh will be doing Switched on Schoolhouse this year which is a computer based program and she is really excited about that. Lizzie and Millie are going to be going to Discovery School (1/2 day 2 days a week preschool) at our church here. Their first day is Sept 1st. The primary purpose of this is for me to be able to completely focus on Sallie during that time. Please pray for me as we begin. I know that this will not be an easy task. We have explored so many options for Sallie and I just don't have it in me to get into it all right now but schools meeting special needs is a nightmare. So, I am going to be much more aggresive with her this year and we will see what happens from here. The pressure that places on me is very overwhelming and as time draws near I am feeling that more and more. I greatly appreciate your prayers! For the next few weeks we have check-up and projects and some playing to do! I have not felt well the past couple of days so I am hoping to get back to normal to wind up the summer and get ready for the school year.
3 comments:
Great Post Mama!
I am so thankful God blessed me with a mom who documents my life so I can't forget anything.I only hope one day to be half as good at writing as you are.You are awesome I love you very much.You are going to do great with Sallie.
Love,
Elleigh
xoxo (:
Your daughter is right! :) You are going to do great! I will definitely be praying for you!!! I have said it before, but I admire you so much for homeschooling! Just remember God's grace is SUFFICIENT!!! He will enable and empower you to do all that He has called you to do!!! Thanks for the cherry-limeade recipe! I'm glad you reminded us about the ice. I knew they do that, but I would not have thought to use it in the recipe. Sounds SO good, I cannot wait to make it! I may make it for Labor Day. We have family coming up for a cookout. We had Wesley's party tonight. We didn't do a big one. He had fun! His mouth is alot better today. I love Millie's "Hola" cupcakes...so cute! The book sounds really good...I will look for it. I'm about to start one that I've been wanting to do for sometime. I hope to blog about it soon. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Keep me posted! I am praying for you!
Love you!
Awww...sweet words from Ell and she is right! Also, I admire your clothes making skills, ah, you are so talented and so good at everything you do! I love you and I am praying for you.
Post a Comment