Just when I thought I was on a blogging roll, I get behind again! A friend emailed today and the subject was what's wrong! I assured her blogging was on my agenda and nothing is wrong!
A few highlights since I last blogged:
VBS registration in 2 different locations on the Sat before VBS
A spent part of a day and night experiencing wheat harvest which is a huge part of the lives of the people in this area (more detailed post on that later)
Many hours spent decorating for VBS
Getting ready each day for VBS each night. We had a great VBS. I taught 4th-6th grades, A did the preacher thing, and Ell helped teach 1st-3rd. VBS is SO much work but beyond rewarding! Post soon with pics. I was too busy to take pics during the week and Sallie started throwing up as we were getting dressed for family night so she and I had to stay home. Ell took as many as she could while trying to help A with the girls. I will get a copy of the pics the director has and post some of them.
A and a couple of guys from church hauled hay while Ell drove the truck for them. Brave man to allow her to drive his truck! They said she was driving a little fast so she kept them hopping! HA! She has been practicing more since we moved here and she is driving much better. The first time we let her drive she scared us really bad and Lizzie still will not ride with her. We will let her drive a lot to and from the church and someone has to walk with Lizzie because she screams about riding with Ell! Makes Ell mad!!!
A killed a snake in the carport! Knew it was bound to happen... It was a bull snake so non-poisonous but I don't like any snake! About 4 feet long! SO glad he was here and saw it!
Ell picked me a good bit of peaches the day she was the hay hauling driver so that gave me a job but I sure will enjoy having those peaches to use later!
Made blackberry jelly
The wheat harvest has really gotten to us. Elleigh and Sallie have been really sick.
Discovered true country livin' is hard work! Yes, I grew up in the country but I think I forgot and I was not an adult with a husband and 4 kids!
Got Ell all ready and took her to camp yesterday. This is the week she serves as Acteen Staffer at GA camp. We miss her and can't wait to hear about her week when she gets home Friday night!
Still working on house stuff in the midst of everything else. I knew it would be much harder to accomplish tasks around here once we moved in and I was right! Really hard to do house projects while living in it.
Tickets for our Africa trip were purchased. There will be 6 of us going. I am excited but I admit nervous and extremely anxious about being away from the girls for that long. I am also very clostrophobic (sp?) so the thought of being in a plane that long makes me cringe BUT I know God will take care of all my fears. Prayers please!
I am sure there are some things I am missing but that is all I can remember!
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Nothing is wrong!
Posted by
The Hall's
at
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It makes me tired just to read that list:) I'm glad you guys can be close to and so involved in the lives of the folks around you. I'm sorry to hear your girls have been sick. I know that might make you "eel". All joking aside, I love reading your blog to hear what's happening in your life. Miss seeing you in person to hear about it.
Ministry life is BUSY, huh! I miss you and I PROMISE I'm going to call you THIS week! We had a great trip to Orlando...hopefully I will blog about it, but don't hold your breath...I'm way more behind than you, Girlie! :) Love this post and hearing all about what y'all are up to! I am sorry to hear about the sicknesses...never fun!
Talk to ya soon! Love ya! :)
ALANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love YOU and miss talking to you so much! I need to see some new pics of your sweet boy! GREAT to hear from you! Hope all is well with you guys.
YES, Shannon it is! I somehow foolishly thought things would slow down! Yeah, right!!! Can't wait to hear about your Orlando trip!
Post a Comment