Sunday, July 18, 2010

REMEMBER

I have tons to do over the next 2 days to get us ready to go so I wanted to take a minute tonight to do a quick post before we leave.

I admit the closer this gets the more nervous I get! I am really having to fight Satan right now!

As I have said before, I know God has told me to go on this trip but that doesn't make it easy. I have to be honest and say this is way out of my comfort zone but I know HE wants us to be uncomfortable. I know that I have to do what He tells me to do, no matter what! SO, I go and I fight all that Satan throws at me!

I took this picture of the girls for several reasons. The dolls are the dolls that the ladies in our church make and we take to the kids in Africa. We have these 2 at our house to pray for the children who will receive them. So, I wanted a picture of these dolls with our girls for memory purposes but I also wanted to put it on here so that while we are gone you can look at the blog and REMEMBER to pray. REMEMBER to pray for our sweet girls. Pray specifically that the days will pass quickly for them and that they will be at peace that we will be home soon.

REMEMBER to pray for us as we prepare to leave them. Pray that we will say all that we need to say to them and they will be well prepared for us to leave them.

REMEMBER to pray for us as we are away from them. I have never been a way from Lizzie and Millie longer than 1 night so I know it is not going to be easy. After I knew that I was supposed to go to Africa I did a lot of wrestling with God about how I just "could not" leave the girls for that long but as I said before I finally knew I just had to do what He told me to do and He would take care of the rest. So, I ask that you pray that I continue to remember that while I am away. I know we will miss them but I do not want that to consume us and get in the way of doing what we are supposed to do. Pray that we are able to get good internet connections so that we can talk to them at least a few times.

REMEMBER to pray for us as we travel. Pray that we have smooth travels and that despite the long hours of being on a plane we are ready to work when we get there.

REMEMBER to pray for us as we minister to the people of Namibia. We will be doing some street evangelism, we will be doing Bible studies each night (pray for me as I lead 2 of those and that makes me really nervous-have no idea why but it does not make me that way here but the thought of doing that there once again is out of my comfort zone), we hope to go into the schools, working with a couple of natives there who have shown potential as leaders for a congregation there and training them for future leadership, and possibly working on negotiations to purchase land there for a future church.

REMEMBER to pray that we are sensitive to His spirit while we are there and that we do what He has us to do even if it is not what we have planned.

REMEMBER to pray that our hearts are broken for these people and that we want them to know Jesus so badly that we allow Him to work through us and accomplish things we could never accomplish on our own.

REMEMBER to pray that the people we share our Saviour with are never the same because of HIM!

REMEMBER to pray that we are never the same...

No comments: